SAU Community

Free Exhaust Db Testing

WiZardOz

NOISE TESTING

When - 18th March ( Tomorrow )

Time - 10am start

Where - Mt Cotton Driver Training Centre

Cost - !! FREE !!

Mt Cotton have come to the party :) as it's not something they normally do they have decided to give us 1 hour FREE so they can 'see how it goes' and decide if it's a service they should be providing (at a cost in future) - how many cars get tested will come down to how organised we are

Anybody planning on attending SkidPan/LVMA events in the future here is your oppurtunity to know where you stand in regards to the noise restrictions placed on cars participating.. 5 spots up for grabs

1. WiZardOZ

2. RhinoRebel

3. R33S2

4. jlnewton

5. SMR33

6. pear

7. lbfalcon

8. ed G

9. chaos

Edited by WiZardOz

will a fine turnup in the mail if we dont pass

No there will be NO come backs from this ... last SkidPan event there was a number of cars that "failed" but there was no problems .. just meant that those cars couldn't use the facility

Mt Cotton are only concerned with meeting the EPA obligations for the facility

Well done organising this Garry! I wish I could bring the stagea, but not going to be around, great going though! And well done to Mt Cotton for extending a helping hand.

Are they now restricting cars into the premise that they suspect are above Db limit?

If they find your car is over the limit will they note it, and restrict you next time you wish to use there facilities?

They are now enforcing a 90Db limit on cars participating in events at the complex. - Council / EPA requirements. Last time we had a members only SkidPAn event all cars got tested before being allowed on the SkidPan

As a side note I also noticed on the Dutton Rally site that all participating vehicles are required to meet a 90dB level (ie .. the legal limit)

Nah its just for competitors on the facility and they dont care how it got there or where its going its just for the competitor cars on their grounds and as an offer for SAU Qld to check before we actually do it and dont get knocked back after we've paid in advance.

93 Db @ 3200 without

88 Db with silencer

Just boarderline no over rev for me

Will try some more tinkering

Anyone have some fiberglass/Pink bat stuff

seriously ed, easy fix, get a piece of 2mm steel sheet metal. Cut it into the shape of a 2 bolt exhaust flange, drill 20 or so holes in it (less depending on how quiet and how much power you want to loose) and then slide it up between your catback and cant converter flanges.

oh, who won overall?