SAU Community

Car Sale Advice

Hey everyone, I'm one of those lurkers that reads everyones stuff and posts once in a blue moon :P, however I do post regularly at imports 101.

Now here's the thing. I own a 1996 Skyline 4-Door GTS-t auto. It has 100,000k's on the clock, is stock except for a pod filter and stereo, and is pretty much in mint condition. I bought it for 16.5k, and have since spent 1200 getting a major service done(timing belt etc).

I was planning on converting it to manual down the track, woulda cost me approx 2-3k.

Here's the conundrum though. Recently I've spotted the EXACT same car as mine, except manual and one year newer on an import brokers stocklist. Same price, same kays, stock, same down to the last detail. For $16,100.

I'm thinking of selling mine to import this one, and I think I could sell mine for more than 16.5k. Do you guys reckon its a good plan?

Keep in mind I love manuals. I only bought the auto because I didnt think I could get a S2 coupe for that price.

My Car:

post-24834-1142863335.jpg

hey mate in answer to your can i sell it for more than 16.5K question i would say i doubt it mainly cuz its auto but yeh thats just my say

but looks like a very nice 4 door

goodluck with the sale

hey mate in answer to your can i sell it for more than 16.5K question i would say i doubt it mainly cuz its auto but yeh thats just my say

but looks like a very nice 4 door

goodluck with the sale

Although it's auto, it is a S2 which are still worth a fair bit more than a similar S1.

So whilst a S1 auto 4-door may sell for say $13,000, a S2 one could more than likely fetch $16k or close to it.

That's my thoughts anyway.

EDIT: P.S. Sounds like a good plan (if that's what you're after)!

Edited by cogs

depends where you live. seems trying to sell an auto skyline in melb is extremely hard, this guy is trying to sell hes s2 auto GTST coupe on the for sale section for $11,000 and its only got a bit over 100,000 km's on it.

and guess what he still doesnt have a buyer,