SAU Community

Rb20 In Vs Commodore

vst20

hey ppl

I have a rb20 in a vs commodore just wonding a u thing of it

there are alot of ppl dong turbo conversions to the commo's now. i suppose its a different idea, but if it were me, id most likely just put my $ towards a turbo car, instead of puting all the money into a conversion like that. but each to there own.

there are alot of ppl dong turbo conversions to the commo's now. i suppose its a different idea, but if it were me, id most likely just put my $ towards a turbo car, instead of puting all the money into a conversion like that. but each to there own.

Yer i know but i wanted something different

i have a rb20 det in my vk commodore just aboput finished it did all conversion my self and i'm pulling 390 hp on 1 bar . i run big turbo and just about all other mods need it except for internals yet:) :P

Hmmm, I would have thought that having such a low capacity engine would be a bad idea in anything other than an early model Commdore due to the lack of torque. RB25 would be a better solution, but personally I would have gone the 1JZ or 2JZ. 1JZ halfcuts are still pretty cheap too I believe.

Good on you for being different though.

Edited by Thunderbolt

The ecotec V6 in the VS model produced 147kw at the fly

The Silver top Rb20det is 164kw at the fly....

However the torque would be better in the V6 as it had a storter stroke and larger bore....

Either way you can buy a million parts to make an rb20 better but you cannot just pick up a catalogue for a buick V6....

Nice job.... I have wired a VB with an rb26 and a Vk with an rb25 in the past few years and it was not easy at all... But plenty on fun...

i know a guy who has twin turboed his VN V6 executive motor, has GTR turbo's on it running a wolf computer. but he's lost his licence for like 2 years so its been of the road. also there is another guy getting round up here with a 1jz conversion in a vn commo, goes fairly well.

mate jus swapped his riced out lancer for a twin turboed vr commo ute.runs 300zx turbos and haltech and alledged internals.

supposed to have 340hp at the treads but runs like a dog atm. with a tune and a bit of sorting it may be alright. would have thought the 300zx turbos (t25??) would have been a bit small for a 3.8L. it makes 10psi at like 2000rpm.

that would be a weapon of a bimmer overev1

Edited by rb20inside

mate jus swapped his riced out lancer for a twin turboed vr commo ute.runs 300zx turbos and haltech and alledged internals.

supposed to have 340hp at the treads but runs like a dog atm. with a tune and a bit of sorting it may be alright. would have thought the 300zx turbos (t25??) would have been a bit small for a 3.8L. it makes 10psi at like 2000rpm.

that would be a weapon of a bimmer overev1

well gtr turbo's are only T28's, like the ones on my mates, its alot of stuffing round in the end, i told my mate with the amount of money hes spent on his vn he coulda had a 12 sec car easy, and done a RB26 conversion to it, he's kicking him self about it now, but thats what u get for trying to flog a dead horse i guess.

Edited by 85URK

There are buick V6s that came stock turbo... Not here but in the states. They run some insane times considering the lard arse cars they are in. I really dont understand why more people dont do them over here. Commos make awesome sleepers tho.

A VN-VS commo weighs about the same as a cefiro or skyline sedan anyway, I dont see the problem.

Out of interest tho, whats the fuel economy like now? Better or worse.

There are buick V6s that came stock turbo... Not here but in the states. They run some insane times considering the lard arse cars they are in. I really dont understand why more people dont do them over here. Commos make awesome sleepers tho.

A VN-VS commo weighs about the same as a cefiro or skyline sedan anyway, I dont see the problem.

Out of interest tho, whats the fuel economy like now? Better or worse.

Not to sure yet mate i do not have a licence to drive it but i might lend it to a mate and i will let u know what it is like on fuel

And thanks for the feed back

cheers

off topic..

hey that's a nice avatar...

that was my old car.. picture taken in front of my house.

true i want to buy that car but u sold it before i could get the money together it is a nice car

• 2 weeks later...
the vs is off the road again f**ked a gear box :laugh:

Is this car regoed? or mod plated? i thought you couldnt do a engine swap if the motor is older than the car????

Edited by shnaped_second

Is this car regoed? or mod plated? i thought you couldnt do a engine swap if the motor is older than the car????

You can swap just about anything within reason...

I have seen an rb26dett in a VY Commodore... So thats in the same boat....