SAU Community

Where Do I Get New Valves And Springs?

george.bryant

George,

There is a couple of books, or at least one book you should get your hands on.

How to rebuild your Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine

It gives all the specs for everything about L series 4's & 6's.

IF you were in Oz I would suggest you start at TRW, or DUFOR for both valves & springs, but as your in NZ, I don't know.

You might just have to check around, but the inlet valves std are 38mm head dia & 110.7mm long. Exhaust is 33mm head dia & 110.7mm long.

Springs, I don't have specs for. Not at hand now, will look for my L20A manual later in the morning.

IF the original stuff isn't STUFFED, why don't you re use it as I thought you were building an L28 motor for your PNV.

Cheers

George,

There is a couple of books, or at least one book you should get your hands on.

How to rebuild your Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine

It gives all the specs for everything about L series 4's & 6's.

IF you were in Oz I would suggest you start at TRW, or DUFOR for both valves & springs, but as your in NZ, I don't know.

You might just have to check around, but the inlet valves std are 38mm head dia & 110.7mm long. Exhaust is 33mm head dia & 110.7mm long.

Springs, I don't have specs for. Not at hand now, will look for my L20A manual later in the morning.

IF the original stuff isn't STUFFED, why don't you re use it as I thought you were building an L28 motor for your PNV.

Cheers

Actually im the one looking at a l28et build :) Actaully i think the l20et vavle springs really do fail easly. mine will happy valve bounce at 5800rpm. Which leaves me with 200rpm, i cannot use. Nor does it give you any extra safety zone. But since ive made 130rwkw i cannot complain :(