My Rebuild

shmiddy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

na no heat sheild, thats just the braket that holds the brake fluid thingy or whatever it is... yeah i plan to run it down the plex, should be good to see what times i can pull, just gots get some better rubber

phill

coilpack cant keep up to run a high boost setting so we tuned to a low boost setting of 457hp, untill next month when i get the coils we can tune for the strip :) not sure on how many psi ect, also anyone interested in a brand new (1500km) old turbosmart wastegate pm me...

Hey Shmiddy,

How is the power delivery on the GT35R? I have one going in on mine at the moment with a set of poncams. What rpm are you seeing boost coming on?

Cheers

JB

um compared to my old hi flow stock turbo, boost comes on neally the same, not much lag at all an when boost comes on, it comes on strong and just spins... 1,2,3rd are a waste of time ahhaha..we went with the smallest ex housing for the gt35r think its .64 , \dont know how long a internaly stock engine would last if you wound one right up..

um compared to my old hi flow stock turbo, boost comes on neally the same, not much lag at all an when boost comes on, it comes on strong and just spins... 1,2,3rd are a waste of time ahhaha..we went with the smallest ex housing for the gt35r think its .64 , \dont know how long a internaly stock engine would last if you wound one right up..

Yeah I am hoping the stock internals will last a little while. Ken is going for a safe tune with it to make it last...will be looking at rebuilding with stronger internals at some point...but hopefully later than sooner :P

I have the .82 ex housing on the GT3540R so cant wait to see how it goes in just over a week :(

Yeah I am hoping the stock internals will last a little while. Ken is going for a safe tune with it to make it last...will be looking at rebuilding with stronger internals at some point...but hopefully later than sooner :P

I have the .82 ex housing on the GT3540R so cant wait to see how it goes in just over a week :P

Sounds similar to the tune done on mine by Steve, and I'm running a safe boost as well. Can't go wrong with only needing 12-13psi to get 350 :P That's the lowest he could get it because of the wastegate spring I think it was, when it can get changed I will have 250 on one setting 350 on the other, wet weather spec & fun spec.

Once upon a time I said cars were a way to go from A to B.......then I said a mildly modified R33 would keep me happy.......then I said 300rwhp would be more than enough..........I'm not going to say what I think now. :(

I have the .82 ex housing on the GT3540R so cant wait to see how it goes in just over a week :D

Many SAU guys Stock 25s have lasted well at 350-380rwhp if tuned right inc Missinglink, Welky(Bout 4 years)Ossie21 etc so yeh their a good engine.Your Turbo will be on boost a lot later than these guys and Smiddys tho but will putout when it does come on.

Once upon a time I said cars were a way to go from A to B.......then I said a mildly modified R33 would keep me happy.......then I said 300rwhp would be more than enough..........I'm not going to say what I think now. ;)

hahaha tell me about it.. i went from 270hp to 450odd on the low setting, haaha god knows what we will get when i replace the coils, cat,diff. f*&k knows what els.. then i will prob still want more :)

Many SAU guys Stock 25s have lasted well at 350-380rwhp if tuned right inc Missinglink, Welky(Bout 4 years)Ossie21 etc so yeh their a good engine.Your Turbo will be on boost a lot later than these guys and Smiddys tho but will putout when it does come on.

Thats good to know :) I will only be able to drive it for a week (hopefully the motor, clutch etc can hold out that long hehe), then back to London for another 5 months :) Hopefully all you guys are going to the cruise on 23rd April...coz that coincides with me being home. Set to pick the car up on the 21st.

Can't wait to see how hard it pulls on boost

P.S. Shmiddy...your engine bay looks awesome :) Love those high mounts...I will probably spend more time with my bonnet up staring at the GT35 than driving the thing ;) hehe

Once upon a time I said cars were a way to go from A to B.......then I said a mildly modified R33 would keep me happy.......then I said 300rwhp would be more than enough..........I'm not going to say what I think now. ;)

haha yeah it gets like that...when I got the 33 I went a lot harder than my S15 (totally stock) but then it felt slow...so the search for power started along with some $$$ (not in Shmiddy's category yet though but working on it :)). Then I am sure it will end up feeling slow again, so will need the rebuild and more $$$ to keep me happy :)

Might have to go wider than the 265's on it to get anywhere...or potter around at 3k rpm so boost doesnt hit :)

hey shmiddy i bet ya wish ya had 4wd now with that power haha, my rb26 in my old car (2wd) with 360rwhp was an absolute animal to control and smoked tyres from any speed, and ended up getting frustrating if ya tryin to race someone and they cain u with half the power cause im busy laying strips behind me :P thats the main reason i got the stagea, because its 4wd. now ill blow gearboxes instead :)

u will be spending more on tyres than fuel :)

hope to check it out in person in the future

cheers

Brad

yeah.. i have always been a 2wd man, something about 4 wheels spinnin turns me of, ahahah, i have 235's and its just peelin them, getting 265's, might look to getting some of them road/slick tyres on the ass end also.. yeah more then happy to give you a squizz