like you said though, you get used to it to quickly

does anyone know what boost settings the std coils can handle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mine are fine at i think 1bar and 457hp.. we couldnt go any higher though because of the coils.. mine are still stock atm so im guessing they can handle a bit?? justin it is an addiction man, im really not youst to my engine yet, baby it a fair bit because i want it to last me a bit dont even wana know what itll do when we wind her up as i have my hands full at 457hp..

Hey Shmiddy,

Firstly, nice work!

Secondly, do you have any dyno graphs you can post up so we can see the power curve (and boost response) of the GT35 with the 0.63 exhaust housing?

Also, do you experience any compressor surge?

Cheers.

yeah man ill post up the graph later, i have to drag the scanner out the draw...

also wtf is compressor surge?? i dont have a clue what it is., maybe steve test drove the car and can tell you cos im usless..

Thanks, that would be great.

Compressor surge is a condition that occurs when a compressor wheel is operating in the area near or on the surge line on the compressor map. For example, if a turbo's compressor is trying to flow 40lb/min at 15 psi at 3500 rpm (engine speed), but your engine can only flow 30lb/min at 15 psi at 3500 rpm, you will get compressor surge. The extra 10lb/min of air needs to go somewhere, so it ends up coming back out the compressor inlet. The turbo hesitates to flow any more air, resulting in the car bucking or shuddering. A turbo with a large compressor side and small exhaust side can be more prone to compressor surge.

Cheers.

Jason should be happy with it we reckon.

He is due to walk in the door soon straight from London and we have capped the rwhp at 410 on 15psi.

Apart from some poncams , the rest of the engine internals are stock so fingers crossed :) :)

Cheers

Ken

Yeah thanks Ken...very happy :)

Power comes on real strong...Love it...and nothing gone bang :/

still put back. wolf isnt switchin over, gota send it to wolf. managed to run the low tune at 480 odd hp at 19psi i think, graph is in the glovebox wcant be bothered goin to get it to find the enzacts, will post that graph up tonight..