SAU Community

do i need an r33 gtr fuel pump???

PashaK

hig guys,

need your help once mor,

ive just gotten my apexi s-afc 2 put in and i got 177 rwkw witht the following mods:

3" exhaust from the turbo

fmic (600 by 300 by 76mm)

turbosmart dual stage boost controller

all this with the stock turbo...

im running 0.65 bar of boost on high, just under 13 psi i think, i thought i could get more boost out of the stock turbo but the guy that dun the dyno said dont push it, so we left it at 13 psi.

anyway, car runs pretty good.

my mate wants to sell me his fuel pump out of his gtr for $200. worth getting??? i mean, i reckon $200 for the pump is pretty cheap, considering the bosch 044 is $400, and if i cant use the pump now i can always put it in later, after i get a bigger turbo.

but my question is if i do put the pump in will i notice any difference in power?? it'll probably drink more but that doesnt bother me as long as theres some sorta power increase.

looking forward to ur replies, thanx

You probably won't notice an actual increase in power, as all you're doing is giving more pressure to the fuel system. Say you put larger injectors in, the current pump may have problems proving enough pressure for the new 'jectors to fire properly. Put in a better pump, the injectors can fire properly, everything's happy. That's what a new pump will do for you. Not a bad thing to do though. Better pumps are generally stronger and less prone to shitting themselves. $200 doesn't sound too bad.

sorry 0.85 bar.

thanx for the replies, i know i'll do the injectors eventually, but getting a gtr fuel pump for now wouldnt hurt would it???

how much is this guy selling the bosch 044 pumps for???

I can buy a Bosch 044 for about $280 (wholesale cost). The GTR fuel pumps are a considerable improvement, but I'd go for a new one considering the price difference. On your current setup it is not necessay, but if you are considering a turbo upgrade in the future then it's worth buying.

See'ya:burnout: