SAU Community

Bonnet Respray

r31turbo

ive been qouted 550 dollars for a bare metal respray for my bonnet. its the last thing i want to get done on my car as my bonnet has some stone chips on it and a key mark on the front of it. any tips for someone that has never had anything sprayed before. any reccommendations of spraypainters. cars going on to a r31 dyno day tommorrow with the boost up :) :) more and then off to respray the bonnet :) then its finished till something brakes:)

$550 sounds about right Tim for an off the street price. I'm sure people will tell you that you can get it cheaper though, but also where?

Where was this price from?

u are too fussy :starwars:

the condition of yr bonnet is pretty good imo

and there are a lot better way to spend $550

anyway if u really want to

i recommended provident crash repair

Edited by Maxx

i got a quote it was at aplace in blackwood that just qoutes adjacent mv autos then sends them off to lonsdale to get done.

and max i cant really think of anything else to buy for it :)

Tim, go see Lanley Motor Bodies in St Mary's, just behind Keith Bowden Electrcial (2nd Street on Right, building on Left).

Ask for Ken and tell him I sent you there. He has done work on both mine and Dad's cars (not the GT's though) but his work is top notch :) Known him for about 10 years now, tends to look after us

S & N Crash Repairs. Ask for Sam. I had my front bumper sprayed for AUD 150. Pretty good job. Nice bloke too! Old enough that you can be sure that he won't be boosting your car when you left your car there over night!

thanks lee ill try them this monday

S & N Crash Repairs. Ask for Sam. I had my front bumper sprayed for AUD 150. Pretty good job. Nice bloke too! Old enough that you can be sure that he won't be boosting your car when you left your car there over night!

thats the one thing im worried about some guy taking it out while its cold and redlining it :

thanks lee ill try them this monday

thats the one thing im worried about some guy taking it out while its cold and redlining it :

That sounds a bit expensive for a bonnet, being on of the easiest panels to paint

If you havent already got this done, try GFC Automotive Refinishing (He's the agent for Colour House, aka. Meguires) and absolutely ace work!

thanks for all the input guys. i got my car booked into benjamins on tuesday comin up... top bloke and hotwire its ken's brother so he goes cheaper than ken. $400 bucks is what im looking at for bare metal respray :D ive also already seen examples of his work on my mates gts2 which has been resprayed by both ken and craig. on seperate ocassions.

i got a quote it was at aplace in blackwood that just qoutes adjacent mv autos then sends them off to lonsdale to get done.

Find out who does it in Lonsdale as there is a VERY VERY bad spray painting mob on O'Sullivans Beach rd Lonsdale. A tip.. They are a big blue company. :D Blue tow trucks, blue building.

I had big drama's with them and still the paint isn't that crash hot, no runs any more but not a good quality paint finish, quite depressing.

Another friend of mine also had troubles with paint runs from the same place 6 months prior to having my car done, unfortunately I didn't know this at the time.

EDIT: That will teach me for not reading the whole thread. :bunny:

Find out who does it in Lonsdale as there is a VERY VERY bad spray painting mob on O'Sullivans Beach rd Lonsdale. A tip.. They are a big blue company. :) Blue tow trucks, blue building.

I had big drama's with them and still the paint isn't that crash hot, no runs any more but not a good quality paint finish, quite depressing.

Another friend of mine also had troubles with paint runs from the same place 6 months prior to having my car done, unfortunately I didn't know this at the time.

EDIT: That will teach me for not reading the whole thread. :D

Try across the road at Quality Crash they do good spray jobs and if you show them you are in the know won't charge through the roof either. Had work on my car done there!