SAU Community

Nankangs On A Gtr

TBee

Yeah, but T1R's aren't cheap.....which is what he's asking for.

We all know they're awesome tyres.

I obviously get a good deal then, didn't realise you guys paid more for them, if its any help my mate uses 19inch nankangs on his 32 GTR and reckons they're good enough (he also drives like a looney).

benm mabye if you get better tryes you might run a better time 300+kw and you 12.7????

My slow 12.7@112mph has nothing to do with my rear tyres being worn Nankangs.

i am perrty shore with 250kw+ you can run a 12, with 300+kw you should be running low 12s all the time

With everything running properly and a decent driver it should be mid 11's actually.

mabye its your tyres ??? Nankangs are carp

Actually it's a combination of my clutch fluid lines needing a bleed and only having the car for 4mths.

For all I know my rear Nankangs may have done 20,000km. I certainly wouldnt put new Kankangs on my car (i'd use Bridgestone, Michelin or Pirelli) but they are fine for now until they need replacing towards the end of this year.

I think Nankangs are the best china-made tyre available in australia at the moment. If you want to use them to get from point A to B, there shouldn't be any problems. Just avoid the other china made brands like Wanli, Dark Horse, Ling Long etc! :)

I think Nankangs are the best china-made tyre available in australia at the moment.

That's like saying that Dobermans have the best tasting dog shit.

I don't give a f**k where my tyres are made, or even who makes them. All I care about is how they perform, and Nankangs, Wanli's etc don't.

Edited by scathing

Just a quick response on cheaper tyres, I don't have Nankangs but

Another brand worth checking out are the GT Radials as they are a reasonable tyre, I had the Champiro 55's and they Stood upto a couple of track days quite well as well as being a good road tyre, though at the very end of their life mine didn't have much grip.

What about Federal SS595 tyres? Theyre cheap also. I got quoted $148 for 235/45-17.

Federal also make a semi slick track day tyre 595RS 235/45-17 $330

um i work for a tyre company and basically nankangs are the cheapest crapiest chinese import tyres that we sell. My skyline had them on it when i got it and it was impossible to keep the back (or even the front) lined up under acceleration into corners out of them and just hammering it from the lights.

The compound on them really is horrible, when i took mine off it took me and the guys at the tyre store about 20 minutes to get them both off just because of the crappy compound there made up of and absolutely no flex, try pulling the tyres off a hot wheels car. Ended up breaking 1 tyre bar and splitting the tyre a bit. I put some dunlop spmaxx's on it and now i can accelerate out of a wet corner with no trouble and am totally comfortable on the great ocean road and the black spur in all conditions at most speeds.

It handles a hell of a lot better. Down side is there about $300 a tyre. I got all mine for $300 for 4 because of discounts. I really suggest you stay away from nankangs, unless u want them just to shred and hoon on, there a huge joke in the tyre industry

What about Federal SS595 tyres? Theyre cheap also. I got quoted $148 for 235/45-17.

Federal also make a semi slick track day tyre 595RS 235/45-17 $330

i have them on my GTR, so far got nothin against them, maybe havent driven the car hard enough yet.

Hey mate,

I have a decent set of 3 piece 16 inchs dressed with some cheap tyres (firestones) and im pretty confident they handle better then my new 18's.

I recently purchased a set of 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 rims for me car dressed in Nankang 235/40 and 265/35 on the rear. These tyres are horrible. The only thing i like about them is they seem to be a little more predictable then the 16's.

My main issue with them is stopping power in the wet... mine lock up quite easily.

By the way, mines a gtst not a gtr :sick: didnt see that bit.

Edited by bilbo117

I've got Nankang 235/40 R18's "Ultra Sport NS-II" on the 34 and had them since I bought it, they're reasonably good in the dry and handle OK, but in the wet they're pretty shocking. Never forget the time I first drove them in the wet... lol :). Go for performance/handling over looks any day when it comes it tyres especially.

I use mine for daily driving and don't drift/drag so it's fine for me. If I were to be on a race track I would probably be fearful for my life :D

Nankangs are great for drift ... heheh I've seen lots of cefiros with them. I used them on the front with some smaller wheels/tyres on the back. I must say they got chewed but seemed to perform ok otherwise. I'd definately use them on any car that gets taken on drift outtings - they were predictable and I didn't feel guilty using them harshly.

Wouldn't put em on a skyline but I'd put them onto the cefiro again if I was short of cash.. they're definately a shit tyre so I just wouldn't expect to be beating civics through bends.

Yeah i have Nankang NS-IIs on my R33 GTS25t, 225/40/18 Front - 235/40/18 Rear. I have them as i live in Broome WA and we have pretty shocking roads up here, gravel everwhere, sand on the roads, and huge potholes from the monsoonal rains :D. I couldt really justify spending some big $$$s for great tyres knowing that they would wear excessively quick without even giving them heaps. The nankangs are pretty horrible in the wet, wheels have spun on wet roads, and i wasnt even giving any. Although i think they are fine for a daily driver type tyre, wouldnt do any spiritied driving on them though. Have to say the old 225/50/16 federals i had were better than these. Going to go the 235/40/18 federals next time for $249 (Broome prices ;) ).

cheers

Evil

Well I've got Nankang NS-II and I'm surprised how good they are really. Now, they're not as good as the Japanese/German tyres but they are much much better than really cheap tyres used to be. They actually have a good feel. However I do qualify this post by saying that I've never had other tyres on this particular car. (and yes I've driven on "good" tyres)