SAU Community

Hi-tech Drags This Sat

Butters

And yes, I was actually quite keen to see a decent turnout from SAU... You guys have quite a few impressive cars, and the effort you guys put into the [cabin] events was really great to see...

I get a bit sh***y around events like this, cos I spend all season taking photos at the plex, and don't get me wrong, i get into every class that runs, from the junior dragsters to the top fuellers... But I've been into Jap cars since before i got my learners.. and when the Motorplex puts on an event like this one, and the turnout is like it was... It's pretty depressing...

I normally race in this event and have really enjoyed it ..... not out to win any trophies ..... its just pure fun for me and i really miss it.

But unfortunately now i have a job where im expected to work saturdays.

Also - my car will be up for sale in a couple of weeks so I don't really want to thrash it.

There's a lot of skylines off the road at the moment that usually compete in this kind of stuff ..... we are all itching to get back into it ..... especially me with my new baby ...... a 350Z :( Won't happen overnight but it will happen.

Last years turnout was fairly big - i remember being in a huge queue to get into the pits ..... then having a huge queue again for scrutineering. Maybe now this hasn't been affliated with CABIN its not getting as much exposure or something? I haven't seen any advertising.

' date='2 May 2006, 12:38 AM' post='2131348']

Ouch!

President announces it, Mikey you post in the thread, and no one knew?

Gimme a break.

I dont care why you did or didnt compete, but its a shame to see arguably one of the biggest clubs in WA not even bother with it.

Thats not limited to you though, I didnt see many other big name clubs.

ahaha, you couldnt let it just go tomj...

TJ - Anti-lag didnt compete either according to your post on your forums? So why say it was a shame we didn't? You guys are just as - if not bigger than us. Why are we the ones copping the bad comments for not entering?

Yes Paul posted generally for this and the other plex events, but it was never discussed at our committee meetings that we were entering it because as you can see we got one reply in the thread.

We didnt compete as an official club entry because we wernt allowed to enter as a club (one of the reasons i wasnt too keen to elaborate on)

we still had 10 odd guys competing... about 1/8th of the field? i did not see one sau sticker anywhere.

but its not worth an argument, we want to see a bigger and better event, and im sure you do to. so im not going to make this an argument , because end of the day its not. Comments on our forms dont always reflect what we as a club think, but im not going to stop people from expressing.

I think the only argument i could present is that mikeys claim that no one knew is a lie, but thats petty.

If its so petty - why did you say it? Firstly TJ - Mikey has only been on the committee for a short time and does not know the history. He even told you all that - so I think calling him a liar is a bit harsh. Maybe unsure would be a better description? And secondly the event was never discussed at our meetings, which is why I said we did not know about it.

You said yourself that 'comments' ie threads etc etc on the forums don't reflect the club's position. Same applies here. The thread made about the Sports Compact events was not an indication that SAUWA would be entering. It was an FYI only. I am mildly embarassed that the thread is there, after I strongly defended our decision - but this was based on the fact it was never brought up at a meeting and I checked with the committee before making my comments. But I don't keep track of every thread posted on these forums.

I am annoyed that people are trying to make an example of SAUWA because the event was "maybe" not as good as it could have been due to OTHER factors or whatever the reason is you have all decided to single us out. Does it really matter that we didn't put a club entry in? You are all acting like the world has come to an end.. I am sure you all have more important things going on in your lives besides bagging out a club for not entering a Plex event.

' date='2 May 2006, 09:33 AM' post='2131892']

I think the only argument i could present is that mikeys claim that no one knew is a lie, but thats petty.

tj, in all honesty i tottal forgot about that topic and the event... im not lieing, i forgot i have more on my mind than just helping out sauwa...

also as liz mention im new and not fully in the loop about things, as i have miss a few committee meetings.. i was just tring to do the right thing and stick up for the club, i support

I’d rather see SAU members competing in Dutton, Classic Rally, MC Motorsport, Max Action, Sprints. Drifts etc.

If the motorplex worked with Jap car clubs they might get a better showing.

To true Skylines are drivers cars that have strong track history and belong there tho they do well for themself at the strip.

Track is the true display of driver and cars and as the interest showen in track days in the members area this club seems to agree.