SAU Community

Car Stuttering

yep.

that is what sits between my wastegate and turbo housing.

haven't had a problem yet.

I bought the car with a miss.

took plugs out and gapped them down from 1.1 to 0.8 and the miss only then happened at full load higher in the rev range.

then took the coil packs out and taped them up like I described and also left the coil cover OFF the car for extra cooling.

no problems since

get one of the 22 doller ones from the guy on ebay they are great cant wait to get mine read the thread in the forced induction section

Yeah was thinking about it but then heard that they can spike easily and blew a friends turbo!! so i'd rather buy quality parts that will work. But you have to ask yourself why is it only $22 ??? and on ebay at that!!

yep.

that is what sits between my wastegate and turbo housing.

haven't had a problem yet.

I bought the car with a miss.

took plugs out and gapped them down from 1.1 to 0.8 and the miss only then happened at full load higher in the rev range.

then took the coil packs out and taped them up like I described and also left the coil cover OFF the car for extra cooling.

no problems since

So what boost you running??

Mate it's up to you what you buy, but the GFB and turbofart ones are shit.

and making it more complex with dual stage bullshit makes them even worse.

If you are handy and like doing things yourself, I'd suggest making the AUTOSPEED boost controller (search for Sydneykid and Autospeed ).

or Jay car has a Electronic kit you can put together yourself.

once again search for Sydneykid and Jaycar (I think it's in the STAGEA section of these forums)

otherwise the turbotech boost controller ($22 which is now $35 I think) that the 45 page thread is on about is seriously a decent boost controller and does not spike at the levels that you are planing on using it at.

up to you.