SAU Community

New Daikin Clutch Fitted Today

benm

Hmmm,

Organic clutches will require a heavier pressure plate to hold up the power, thus, heavier pedal.

I got a single plate 9-puck Ceramic button clutch plate installed and beefed up pressure plate at 2500lbs (more than the usual 2200 everyone else uses for a ceramic clutch)

I get shudder if not giving enough accelaration on launches etc, but that's something i have to live with.

I can chirp 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on a rough road with EASE... and 4th if i push it...

Can an organic do this ?

I never have a burny-clutch smell anymore, which is great.... plus i get to hear all the buttons clicking into place when I take of (wank factor)

Best $800 I ever spent :(

p.s. In the wet, a ceramic clutch is lethal, one slip and the wheels are spinning baby!

Strich9ine: did Ross @ autoclutch do ur clutch?

Just curious as I had a new clutch fitted by Ross thats sounds pretty much the same as yours.

Is that really what that clicking noise is on take off? Ah...hrm I thought it was something wrong haha woops :D

Very nice clutch...I can chirp into 2nd and 3rd as well, but I haven't tried 4th yet. If anyone in Perth is looking for a new clutch, go and see Ross @ Autoclutch in Osbourne Park. He's a top bloke and does a good job :P

Anyways, benm I don't think you've got that much to worry about. Mine started to loosen up after a couple of weeks. Now its all good. ;)

i got one of these clutches too... Proud to say i didnt stall it wen i first drove it... I was very jumpy tho... I remember one time speeding up toi go thru an amber light to turn right.. I put in bak into 2nd to turn the corner and took the clutch out like i did with the old one... Talk about a compressiopn skip... Bloody scary..

But yeh after i got use to it i could chirp 4th in my gts4!

• 2 weeks later...

Benm, I got the daikin heavy duty clutch fitted today as well.

mine didnt seem to be as hard to drive as yours.

The clutch pedal is even slightly lighter than the original and I can get the car moving without even touching the accelerator just by using the natural pull which I couldnt do with my standard clutch.and one more thing, its much harder to put the gear into 1st and reverse. It feels like there are not enough oil or lubricant or something.

do you have the same prob Benm?

I give it a few hard launch at 3000rpm and theres nothing smelly at all.

I asked the mechanic who fit the clutch for me and ask him why the pedal is so light. he told me he put some grease at the bearing.

Give your clutch a solid 1500km of gentle everyday driving before you start doing anything silly.

Also make sure you are using Redline Gearbox Oil it makes a HUGE difference.