SAU Community

Question About Insurance?

Yawn

Hey guys u know how mounting gauges on the a-pillar is illegal? Like how its supposed to block ur vision or something.. Well i was just wondering wat happens if lets say apart from those gauges everything else in the car is stock and im involved in an accident. If i happen to be at fault and have 3rd party insurance, do i still get covered? Coz they keep mentioning everything has to be legal and roadworthy etc.? Or wat about if a car has an atmo-venting bov and then gets involved in an accident? Is it still covered? What exactly happens when u want to make a claim? I havent been in australia for that long so im not too sure with the insurance policies here. thanks

With 3rd party insurance your car is only covered for 5k.

If your deciding about what sort of insurance to get seriously get full comp. I had my first accident a few weeks ago, it was my fault and it was an accident that happened when i wasnt being stupid or anything.

With a claim it depends if it is a write off or repairable. In my case it was repairable and the damages were around 10k to fix. With Just Cars Insurance you will pay your excess to the repairer when your car is fixed and you go to pick it up. I didnt have and engine mods so i didnt have any trouble and everything on my car was told to the insurer when i covered my car with them.

But seriously dont be silly. Get full comp insurance

i know i know, but compo insurance is 2.3k for me T_T

but my question was if u have some sort of mod to the car that a cop would defect u for, (example: too loud an exhaust or gauges mounted in the wrong position) but was totally unrelated to the accident, will insurance still cover u?

9/10 Shannons will. dunno about other insurers though, especially Just Cars. Call them and see what they say. Third Party Only Insurance doesnt cover your vehicle in a smash anyway.

JCI's policy, like many others says that if the mod didnt directly cause the accident, even though its illegal, they'll still pay a claim.

they'd have to prove the mod caused the accident...so i guess its totally up to them at the end of the day.

repairs to your car aren't covered anyway, so it wouldnt matter too much....

i know i know, but compo insurance is 2.3k for me T_T

but my question was if u have some sort of mod to the car that a cop would defect u for, (example: too loud an exhaust or gauges mounted in the wrong position) but was totally unrelated to the accident, will insurance still cover u?

i advise u get aloan maybe n pay for ur first yr with that n then save for the next yr.

My first insurance was 2.2k n i was 20 then it was ment to go to 1.5k now im 21 but i had to make a claim 1 month b4 it was due.

Seriously you will b kickin yourself so much if u get 3rd party n something happens. A guy i know had 3rd party n smashed his car now he has learnt his lesson

JCI's policy, like many others says that if the mod didnt directly cause the accident, even though its illegal, they'll still pay a claim.

they'd have to prove the mod caused the accident...so i guess its totally up to them at the end of the day.

repairs to your car aren't covered anyway, so it wouldnt matter too much....

yeah repairs to my car not but the repairs to the ferrari i hit is (touch wood =P)... heh

im just afraid that JCI will say "ohh the gauges were blocking ur view so you couldnt see the ferrari and its not our fault u mounted them there, so we're not paying u"

i know its an exaggerated situation, but still.. u get my point :(

btw in all the years on this and the older forums I have never heard a genuine gripe from anyone insured with just cars my car are insured through them. jackie is right to get full comp insurance.

here is why.

you are most likey to have an accident withing the first 6 months of owning a turbo car. after that the risk become less and you will find that the just cars premiums reflect this. first year 2.2 k second year lets say 1700 next year 1300 btw these aren't actual prices but as a guide.

I know of peopel who are 21 and pay 12 or 1300 a year to insure a gtr cause they bit the bullit early and are reaping the rewards later.

meggala

I'd get a quote from Vigil for your insurance...They now do imports but they still wont touch GTR's...So if you don't drive one its worth the phone call..

meggala is right, the more years of driving experience you have, the higher your rating or no claims bonus is.

well even though im only 19, in malaysia we get our licenses at 17. Wonder if that makes a difference. I do have a victorian license too tho.