SAU Community

Wtb: R32 Instrument Cluster

CATKICKER

Hey Guys, I am stupid!

I now have 2 shagged instrument clusters and 0 working instrument clusters!

Does anyone have one I can buy? I am only looking at paying $50 and it needs to be from a series one.

Thanks in advance!

Todd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The one I purchased has faulty oil and temp gauges so now I am looking at getting a 3rd and final one. Has anyone got one IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER they can sell me?

Please PM me.

Thanks!!

Todd

The one I purchased has faulty oil and temp gauges so now I am looking at getting a 3rd and final one. Has anyone got one IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER they can sell me?

Please PM me.

Thanks!!

Todd

You're so high maintenance aren't you Todd. Why does everything have to be in WORKING order?

I have a few odometers and a few canon exhausts that you can go check out - drop me an SMS and we'll tee it up.

cheers,

J

hi todd

are you still after a cluster cos my one may be going? i can show you that all gauges work before i pull it out if you like? let me know.

damo

i gess $50 if thats what your offering. im not 100% sure if i will sell it. im waiting on a nismo 260km/h dash and i would like to check that that all works first as it seems hard to find one with everything working.

i gess a week or so. im in launni but i am more than willing to come to hobart as im trying to get together some parts down there. if you wanted it sooner that could be aranged.

my cluster has 75900 ish on it and my possible new cluster has 55xxx ish. ill let you know in a day or so.

i gess a week or so. im in launni but i am more than willing to come to hobart as im trying to get together some parts down there. if you wanted it sooner that could be aranged.

my cluster has 75900 ish on it and my possible new cluster has 55xxx ish. ill let you know in a day or so.

done... let me know when you have it out and we can hook up!

hey todd

i picked up my nismo dash today and every thing seems to be working on it so you can have mine now.

ill come down to hobart in two weeks so we can meet up.

damo

hey damo... sounds good! very keen! happy to slip you a tenna to send it down via post before then if that works for you...

hey todd

i picked up my nismo dash today and every thing seems to be working on it so you can have mine now.

ill come down to hobart in two weeks so we can meet up.

damo

yeah, I can wait... Would just be good to know what is actually happening with my oil pressure! (It's all over the show!)

what pressure does your seem to show on average? mine shows just below 4.

what pressure does your seem to show on average? mine shows just below 4.

After putting this cluster in it shows 4 on startup, then drops just below... at times it is just above 2 (still normal) but then it will drop down to 0 for a few mins and pop back up (it won't do it all the time, just some of the time!). It drives and runs perfectly no matter what the gauge says and it has only happend since I installed the cluster.

I figured the first step would be to confirm what is happening with the oil pressure before looking for another problem (oil pressure sensor, oil pump) but it would be just as expensive (if not more) for me to buy and install an aftermarket gauge or to take it to a mechanic as it would be for me to replace it with one that is working for sure!

Worst case it keeps happening, I can flog off the other cluster and find the true issue or if it is the cluster (most likely) then it has only cost me $50 odd dollars!

Any advice? Or does everyone agree?

After putting this cluster in it shows 4 on startup, then drops just below... at times it is just above 2 (still normal) but then it will drop down to 0 for a few mins and pop back up (it won't do it all the time, just some of the time!). It drives and runs perfectly no matter what the gauge says and it has only happend since I installed the cluster.

I figured the first step would be to confirm what is happening with the oil pressure before looking for another problem (oil pressure sensor, oil pump) but it would be just as expensive (if not more) for me to buy and install an aftermarket gauge or to take it to a mechanic as it would be for me to replace it with one that is working for sure!

Worst case it keeps happening, I can flog off the other cluster and find the true issue or if it is the cluster (most likely) then it has only cost me $50 odd dollars!

Any advice? Or does everyone agree?

Todd ever single 32 i have had i have found that the standard cluster's have never been that flash for the oil pressure or temp gauges.

If your worried about it i would be hooking up an AM oil pressure gauge to double check.

Better safe then sorry and i have a spare one kicking around if you want to borrow it :/

GMB

Thanks for the offer B but I am not TOO concerned, just something to keep an eye on ATM really. Would be good to know once and for all but I can wait until Damo comes down!

Thanks for the offer B but I am not TOO concerned, just something to keep an eye on ATM really. Would be good to know once and for all but I can wait until Damo comes down!

No problemo chief,

normally everything is fine even though the cluster doesn't show that.

But im the sorta bloke that likes to be safe then sorry :D

I've got a NISMO dash if the stock one you get from Damo still doesn't work :D