SAU Community

Rear Windscreen

hmj

Has anyone had to replace their rear screen before?? if so where did you get it from?

is it worth speaking to Nissan? Because i'm pretty sure local glaziers buy genuine glass for imports.

Thanks - Jim

Local glaziers do not buy geniune glass replacements from Japan, they are manufactured locally, at least the front one i bought for my 33 was. Ask Nissan, but i think your best bet is to call around and see what is available. Even look at cars that are being dismantled; silva33 is wrecking a 33, may be worth sending him a pm (if you have a R33 :thumbsup:).

The windscreen goes in the front... the glass in the back is a rear window. (not windscreen)

If you can't find anything, give o'briens a call.

Even look at cars that are being dismantled; silva33 is wrecking a 33, may be worth sending him a pm (if you have a R33 :thumbsup:).

The use of "R32 GTST " in the subheading may be an indication that this isn't in reference to a 33.

I had to get one sent from a wreckers in Adelaide. The company doing it for me couldnt find one for me anywhere in Victoria... But then again they only would have phoned wreckers/importers not private people wrecking their cars.

I had to get one sent from a wreckers in Adelaide. The company doing it for me couldnt find one for me anywhere in Victoria... But then again they only would have phoned wreckers/importers not private people wrecking their cars.

Did the ring around

My windscreen guy said he'd just buy a used one and fit it.

So I rang my import wrecker and he said he didn't have one but he'd find one for me.

Rang Nissan. A brand new one is about $742 List price. Ex Japan. Which is cheaper than I expected

My new front windscreen costed me about $270 fitted, so i dare say i would not pay more than $250 for a second hand, unfitted, screen.

PM RowdyR32 he "may" be wrecking a 32, or he may have a good idea where to find one.

Just shop around...

national windscreens should be able to help, as they got me one for my R31 coupe which isnt exactly the most commen car and has a totaly different shape to the locals, $200 installed