SAU Community

AIR Street Meet 5th April - who's running?

whatsisname

1.66 60' (down 2/10 on my best of 1.46!)

Last best time was 9.66 @ 148.95 on the 1.46 60'

Now best is 9.508 @ 153.03 which just took the Aust title

Keir's record was 9.510 @ 152 on a 1.50 60'

Loved running that V8 Torana down on the last run, was all over the track & nearly crossed the centre line in 5th & hit him! If I had backed off he would have beat me, so I kept on it,fought the steering wheel & got him by a bumper bar over the line.He had at least a car length on me with 50m to go & would have been suprised that I caught him! 9.849 @ 138.63

On the 153 mph run I was in 6th gear & kept it buried well past the speed traps - & it pulled up well(who says I need a parachute)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell the good people what RPM you were pulling on the 9.508 run , John!!!

And about the drama's you went through to even get the thing back on the track for that run. Like I said to you on the night, things are sent to test people's endevour, you stuck at it and reaped the rewards.

I did get the final 9.849 run on video, you can see a bit of a tango from the car.

Damn fool didnt bother setting up the video for the important run though!!

/trying to kick self in the head.

Well done to MattR on your first outing... knocked 0.7 off his first run!

Andrew with the snakies in the burnout pad!!! lmao

I didnt see Whatsisname run. Bugger

I saw Kier's one run, 9.9something, but heard noises halfway down the track, they think its a valve spring problem.

Originally posted by Pawley

I didnt see Whatsisname run. Bugger

Trust me mate, you didn't miss much.

Sorry about the edit in your post above! I had a slight moderator technical difficulty - I f@#ked up.

Just thought i would let yas no

i sent a email out to air about the problems there this weekend with amount of cars and they have offered me a free ticket to next event in may

not that you heard that from me :)

skipppy

What is there Email address? I just think its fair that as many people as possible let them know that we were not happy with the orginisation the better?? anyone elses thoughts

I sent a very long-winded email to [email protected] (I hope that's the right address) this afternoon about the whole debacle. After my spiel I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the whole of SAUSA a free ticket :D I complained on behalf of everybody .... but I still think everyone should send in their own opinions - what happened is just not on, in my opinion. Especially for guys like Matt (Whatshisname)! I consider myself fortunate to have had 3 runs in light of other's misforutunes!

I have just sent my email through to them aswell. Maybe they will get the idea that they need to change a few things and alot of people were not happy with the way it was run.