SAU Community

Oil Pressure Problems

Guest RedLineGTR

Guest RedLineGTR

I am having oil pressure problems with my skyline r33 with my usual oil the pressure was perfect 1/kg at idle at optimal engine temp which is normal for a skyline. But after my last oil change I decided to change to a more expensive and a wider W rating oil, after the change my oil pressure has jumped to 2/kg at idle…WTF…First thought no way is this right. Drain the new “Better Oil” out replace filter and refill with the usual oil that I use without problems, still the same shit, might be a bit lower but no significant difference. What should I do, the only option I think would work since I have no other idea is a engine oil flush, since my car has done only “66,000km” I think it’s genuine I don’t think it would be a problem.

Thanks Rob :P

Guest Peewee

Hey rob it might actually be your oil pressure sender on the engine nissan engines have real dramas with them reading wrong or do you have an aftermarket gauge??

Guest RedLineGTR

yah i;ve read about that, but it;s just abit weird that from changing oils there is such a difference. Will try this week flushing the oil. IF nothing changes i'll try an aftermarket gauge if not i'll just leave it.

The thicker oil has trouble getting through the 'tight spots' in a motor and therefore shows a higher pressure. What are the ratings of before and after oils...

Is this on your factory gauge?

As on idle mine is showing more that 1/kg, has been since i've had it, is this normal or should i be worried?

What should it read on idle (factory gauge) and at 100km/h cruising?