SAU Community

where is the cold start valve?

WazR32GTSt

nb for cold starts in the morning ONLY

i've had some trouble starting my r32 since i got it. it cranks, but when you jsut think its turned over and the engine is going, it just cuts out. takes 3 or 4 turns to start and when its warm everything is fine.

i did a search and i think i narrowed it to the following:

- battery (which i checked and is ok)

- coolant tems sensor (which i cleaned and didn't help)

- spark plugs (which are in good condition)

- starter motor / solenoid (can't be as it still cranks)

- cold start valve

i don't know where the codl start valve is and then how to clean it...any ideas?

any other info you may have will be a help

Waz

Im not sure it could be the idle air Valve to the back of the Plenum near the firewall, Stepper motor valve

Infact I think Meggala has a cct diagram of the ecu on his site and it will at least show u what is controlling choke and then u may be able to find it

It could also be your coil ignitor.

Faulty ones also tend to have cold start up problems.

Could be your injectors too as in the seals are worn and when you dont start it for a while you lose pressure in the lines because fuel leaks back into the engine.

Brand new injector seals get replaced when you take the injectors out for cleaning.

Try that :D

The air regulator is a valve that allows additional air into the inlet manifold to lift the idle speed when the motor is cold. As the motor warms up an electric heater warms a bi-metallic strip that closes the valve so it slowly lowers the idle speed. To see if it is functioning correctly, with the motor cold, pull the hoses off it and make sure you can blow through it. You could check that it has closed properly when the motor is warm.

ok well this was my problem aswell....... it turned out to be a fuel leak just before the filter.....it leaks out the fuel in the system overnight hence making it harder to start......was my prob anyway.... do a very good check with a torch while running and see how u go... check everything...... as previously mentioned...injector seals aswell.....

well i had some battery problems and changed that yesterday

turns out the battery was the problem can i say that with a new battery the car cranks bloody fast compared to my old ma70 supra. i didn't even reaslie it was a slowish crank coz that seemed normal to me. starting is no problems now!