SAU Community

Tomorrow’s The Big Day!

PHATR32

hey everyone,

After a year and half of sitting in the garage, the r32 is finally ready to be licenced!

I brought her home on the 27th December 2004, parked her in the back and pulled her bits.

post-11604-1148780693.jpg The first photo i took as soon as I got her home. :)

I basicly started work on her straight away, so for the first couple of months i was hard at it, then i took a 6 month break (No time moslty).

At one stage she looked like this post-11604-1148781213.jpgpost-11604-1148781181.jpg

Now it looks like this post-11604-1148781420.jpg

Basicly got a full engine bay and underbody respray, powder coated the intake, turbo pipes and cam covers. Sprayed everything else on the engine, and in the engine bay.

Anyways, im booked in at midland pits toomrow morning, hope it all goes well!!

Steve

Edited by PHATR32

lol, no pics? :D

I did my bit with the brakes. Now you can start pricing up modifications.

EDIT: just saw the pics in the other thread, I wish I was brave enough to strip it all down and do what you did, looks awesome :)

seen the pics in the other thread man, this thing is damn sexy!.

did you drive it while you were waiting to get it registered? if i had something that nice sitting in my garage ide be driving it weather it was registered or not hehe.

wtf happend to my pics? other thread? hmmmmm ill fix the first post.

anyways, no i didnt drive it, only drove it when i had to get work done to it, ie with a permit. although i always took the long way home :cheers:

steve

its cool, i think i sorted it.

anyways, the paint on the outside isnt too great, done a bit of cutting and polishing today, but its bloody hard work and i didnt get too much done.

I respray is on the cards (in the next few years...... :| )

steve

SNAP!

just got back from the pits and she made it!

the guys down at midland are top blokes too.

The underbody repair was totally fine, and the guy didnt find any other problems.

looking forward to cruising!!

Steve

friggin cool

mine made it over this morning as well.

took it to east perth... was really worried.. cos i was sure even a stock car could get picked on if they really were in a crabby monday morning sorta mood..

smooth as.. Jim at east perth.. good bloke.

yeah it does have one, but i took off to go over the pits.

The guy noticed it had the mountings for a wing, and said if the wing doesnt have any sharp pointy edges, its allowed.

steve

Yeah but the thing is what are "sharp pointy edges" I don't rekon my wing has sharp pointy edges, guess I can compare at the next cruise...

Very good looking car by the way mate nice choice of colour. One of my mates had similar wing and he got a canary for it. The inspectors says its alright but ultimately its the cops that hands them out like no tomorrow.