SAU Community

Powerfc Problem

Hay guys im just wondering if any of you know what the initili data does on the power fc as i have gorn in to that setting it gives you a option yes/no and for some reason i selected yes before this the car was running fine but all above that is in japanese.any help would be appreshated as the car at the moment if coughing and spluttering and bearly starting cheers

if you've selected YES to DATA INIT then its back to factory defaults.

The car is now ready for the self idle learn procedure. You simply need to do this. If the idle is jerky and unstable. Turn car to ACC, do DATA INIT again. Turn car off. Turn car on and follow idle self learn procedure, its in the FAQ in my signature

Cheers guys but at the moment the car wont even start, it trys to but just wont turn over is this normal? also i didnt do the self learn procedure when i first pluged it in and it was fine every was fine till it hit that button inital data.

if you dont perform the self idle learn procedure the car will crank, start and stall almost immediately. if you have this, turn to ACC (dont start), choose DATA INIT, YES, turn car off and then perform self learn idle procedure

His car is not starting so he cannot do the self learning idle procedure.

joc - basically what you have done is resetted the power fc, if it has been tuned before which

sounds like it has then all the settings are gone if you havn't written them down.

Have you changed injectors or air flow meter?

joc,

Tell us... Have you had the car tuned or did the car come with the pfc?

I bought the power fc last week put it in on monday,was fidlling around with it(not noing what i was doing)there is no tune on it unless thay have one when u get the unit.any way got car running last nite did learn procedure worked fine last nite started car this morning and she was spluttering and going on baically the car sounded like a wrx with little to no power what do u guys think.

Also guys ive just notice that the check engine orange light is on does this mean anything,some one told me that its just a sensor error is this true?

thanks bhdave i thought somthing might be a miss but turn off boost controll kit and light went away,guys the car seems to be running alright now the test will be when i go and start it tommorow morning,like it did this morning spluttering and going on.Just one more question does the power fc have to get used to cold starts?

Hay THE MAFIA how do i read the manual if its in japanese.Hay guys is there any reasond why i have problems with the pfc in the morning on cold starts cause on the way home from work in the arvo the car runs fine.Does the pfc have to learn cold starts?

before you start the car, under monitor check out water temp

then jump to the corresponding water temp correctio braket and try increasing the MS value for it. make sure you note down the numbers before fiddling. it may help it crank over a bit better when cold. cubes has done this and it sorted out his cold start problems for water temp at 10deg

Yeah im going to tune it but am waiting to get cam gears and replace timing belt as it due to be replaced also i want to boost it so i dont want to tune it till then.but i thought with the power fc you could just plug and play,just as long as you dont go flooring it every where,anyway so you think its the water temp,maybe i should do the learn procedure in the morning when its cold what do u think?

idle learn procedure shouldnt be done when its cold

im pretty sure the manual says make sure the car is warm when doing it

ie; normal water temp and engine temp