SAU Community

How Did Everyone Get Thier Username/nickname?

Deluxe

As the title says, just out of couriosity.......

I got mine because I had a custom number plate 'DELUXE" on my car a few years back. It was a 1990 VQ Statesman 5.0ltr, and being one of the top of the range in it's model I came up with deluxe. some of my mates still call me Deluxe, so i guess it's stuck!

Darren

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have absolutely no idea why i came up with mine.

It was about 6 years ago and I was probably really proud of myself for thinking it up, and now its too late to change it because Iv'e used it on everything.

I would never get them as my license plate though.

i liked mazda's rx8 i was gunna make a mazda_rx8@hotmail but couldnt so i changed up the letters madaz which also means mad as :D if i had a dollar for everytime sum1 told me i spelt mazda wrong i would be very rich...

ive used variants of

madaz_rx8

madaz_

and

madaz_r33

I think I needed a username for some site registration years ago. I'm a graphic designer so GFXman was something that came to mind.

other nicknames derived from my real name include joolz, jug, jugs, boobs etc :D

Edited by GFXman

My first two cars were written off, hense writeoff.

I'd like to put it on plates but its 8 digits ($$$$) and riteoff just doesn't look right. Also could become prophetic which I'd like to avoid.

Vange came from my real name Evangelos, that started bk at school....

Use Evan at work cos its easier to say, and also have several variants of vange...

VANE = my friend was writing VANGE on the desk in art once n missed the G and ended up with VANE

vUnge = a slightly more sexual/deeper way of saying vange.

my bday is called 'the annual vange' which happens once a yr (obviously) and cos we were so cool bk at school, all the girls would wana come n we made it an exclusive 'sleep over' with just mates, we then proceded to do stupid things walking my backstreets and then telling every1 the stories and it would make ppl wana come more n more hahahaha

well back when i was 16yo i was doin a retail course thing

and a couple of my friends started poking me for no reason

so instead of getting called 'Amanda' it'd be 'Pokie' and i didn't

mind it, thought it sounded cool(still think it does) but yeah heaps

of people still poke me :D

oh i think the other reason why people poked me was coz i was

very ticklish, but i'm not anymore :)

Tylthidras - um...came up with as a character name for a medieval type story i was writing for a creative piece in year 8 english.

needed a new email address at the time, used the name. Used it as name's no computer games back when i had time to play em, when i ended up on forums, it became my forum name. :)

way back in 95, i connected my 486 to the internet through a 28.8k? modem and playing ICQ and IRC

a few friends told me it's dangerous to use real name on the net :)

so i use the name of a character from the comic i like

I started playing my first online game last October, Day of Defeat, and was first time using WSAD keys in liue of arrow keys - lets just say I used to get very tangled up. Sgt.Tangles was my name, got a few laughs, then I was asked to join a clan, so it changed to goon>>Tangles. Now I have a go on BF2 a little and call myself MajorTangles.

Plus Im hung like max walker :) "its like a babys arm holding an apple" from The 12th Man fame, and his nickname for Australia was Tangles, so it just seems normal to me. Could be Tripod I guess, LOL, but Tangles it is. LOL

chops, being short for chopper, or "the chopper".

I did human dissection as part of my first year university studies, and the name has stuck ever since.

I did my Primary schooling in the UK, so when i came back to Aus and started High school I had a pommy accent, and of course copped grief for it.

Then one of the kids decided to say my name (Ashley) in as posh a voice as he could muster, it sort of came out as "Ooooshley", pretty quickly it was shorten to Oosh.

But instead of taking it as a tease, I actually kinda liked it, so adopted it as my nickname. After that I was always Oosh at high school, along with a few variations, Zoosh, Spoosh, Stoosh, etc.

It got continued at Uni, because one of my mates there was an Ash too, so i maintained Oosh to avoid confusion. I rarely even answered to Ash there.

Edited by Oosh

Well back in year 7 on the first day of high school i went up to this girl and said "is your name Kirsty or Kristy?" and she went "Is your name Karl or Kral?" and then i just added "ster" on the end to get "kralster"

It's mostly just used for forums but my gaming tag is "Mr Charisma"