SAU Community

4 To 5 Stud Conversion

Guest IH8VEE8S

damn 4 stud why god damn it why,...no i know dont answer but f**k even a tx5 has 5 studs f**king shit shity f**k f**k f**k.

im sure most of us would want to spend it on a stereo/rims or something

• 2 years later...

Im doing a hub swap on a r33 gts4, by measuring the shafts ect ive figured that ill be using gts t rear hubs (28mm drive to hubs) as well as brakes front and back, and for the front hubs ill be using the front hubs form a r32 gtr (25mm drive to hubs), fromall the reasearch ive done thisshould work fine...i think...if you see a problem with it let me know as im looking to buy all this stuff to do the convertion this week.

• 2 years later...

you can have my full 4 stud set up if you need pm me,

Also i just got of the phone with sss automotive for a pair of GTST rear hubs for the rest of my conversion, he said i cant use them as i need gtr for rear aswell? fisrt ive heard of this. the hicas joints are diffrent? this is getting a bit of a headace

Pop your head under and have a look at the bottom of the rear strut. If it uses forks you will need GTR hubs, if it uses the round ones(Whose name always eem to escape me when I need it) You can use GTST Hubs.

Hello,

i have ENR33 too and finished 5-stud conversion a month ago. That`s what you have to know:

front:

- you can not fit gtst hubs since we have 4wd cars. You have to look for complete knuckles from HNR32, BNR32/33/34, WGNC34. It is mush easier to change the knuckle complete assy. The other way is to buy 5stud hubs and new wheel bearings and leave your knuckles but changing wheel bearings is a big work.

- use bolts from your car for the calipers.

- caliper options are: "sumitomos" from HCR32, ECR33 (BNR32 early model) or even brembos from BNRs, but they are expensive. Using HCR32 calipers can be done even if you leave your 4-stud disks -- they are for small disk.

- to fit the brake lines you will have to shorten enr33 caliper bolt or use a bolt for Toyota (p/n 9040110045) -- it is short by default and has the same thread pattern. This is the easiest way, but the right way to fit the brake lines -- is to use metal tubes from BNR33 or HNR32 or smth like that. There is no need to change rubber hoses.

- don not try to disassemble calipers (4 bolts on the caliper) -- there is no need for this and it will leak if you do this.

I`ve changed front brakes and knuckles in 4 hours both. I had knuckles from HNR32 and rotors and calipers from ECR33 + toyota eye-bolts for banjo connection.

rear:

Your options are: complete knuckle set from 5-stud _non_ hicas Skyline -- hard to get. HICAS knuckles has different bearings, shock absorber connection -- they aren`t bolt-on.

The best way is to find iron (not alluminum) knuckles from old (i think 89-91 year) hicas hcr32 -- the wheel bearing can swapped right to enr33 knuckle. This was my way to do it. Just undo driveshaft nut and 4 bolts holding the bearing -- and exchange bearings with the hub.

It was hard to undo anchor pin nut and it was real hard to remove the bearing from the knuckle because of rust -- WD40 and a sledge hammer will help you.

The handbrake swaps without problems, don`t forget to release handbrake adjustment nut inside the car before you disassemble rear brakes.

Brake piping depends on what calipers you will have. ENR33 hose is female on the car side and banjo on the caliper side.

When you will be bleeding the system -- disconnect the battery negative terminal.

It take a full day for me to swap all brakes.

p.s. i was lucky my enr33 come from Japan with 4/5 holes aftermarket disks -- so i left my summer wheels, but i still have to find a new winter wheels :D

i was told tosay i need to get wheel bearings awell? is this a must?

THIS IS FOR GTS-4

Use front GTR hubs because the Knuckles assembly in a GTR and GTS-4 are the exact the same part.i dont know why someone would change them as stated above if there the same Part number???40010-05u01 (RH knuckle GTR and GTS4) 40011-05u01 (LH knuckle GTR and GTS4). Only thing i can think of is when you disassemble the knuckle and hub you might have to change your wheel bearing if it looks worn so the advantage of getting a GTR assembly is by not pulling the hub and knuckle apart you can get away without changing the wheel bearing.

You can't use GTS-t Hubs because they have a different shape where they bolt up onto the knuckle because the knuckle is just compleatley differnt obiously because there is no driveshaft there. Any suspention in the front of a r33 GTS-4 is r33 GTR have always been the same for me, so all links and shocks and swaybars ETC. I fitted Nismo circuit racing links in my GTS-4 for a R33 GTR and they were a exact fit and also the GTR swaybar and shock and springs and radius rods even chassis rails are all the same as the GTR.

In the rear because r33 and r34 GTS-4's and GT-4's NEVER came with HICAS from the factory the hubs are some weird hub that only NON-HICAS skylines have so im not to sure. Im looking at the info for r33's i have at work but there are 8 different driveshafts in the rear and about 6 different knuckles so i dont know if anything will match up. I think you might have to change the whole cradle so if you got a GTR set up you can change the driveshafts and shocks and knuckles. I know that will work because the flange on the driveshaft of the GTR-4 that bolt up the the R200 rear diff are the same GTS-4 and GTR so i think your going to have to buy a whole GTR cradle for the rear ......... compleate with driveshafts and brakes and suspention.

maybe just change front????? lol

Yeah i had a look into it and the hubs you are going to need are the WC34 4WD stagea hub or R33 GTR hub as there the same. The spline of the hubs will fit inside of the wheel bearing housing because the rear wheel bearing on a R33 GTS-4 is the same part number as WC34 and R33 GTR wheel bearings

43280-AA300(LH) 43281-AA300(RH) <----- wheel bearing part numbers suit R33 GTR and GTS-4. So the hub spline will fit straigh in.

Yeah i had a look into it and the hubs you are going to need are the WC34 4WD stagea hub or R33 GTR hub as there the same. The spline of the hubs will fit inside of the wheel bearing housing because the rear wheel bearing on a R33 GTS-4 is the same part number as WC34 and R33 GTR wheel bearings

43280-AA300(LH) 43281-AA300(RH) <----- wheel bearing part numbers suit R33 GTR and GTS-4. So the hub spline will fit straigh in.

Dude off topic but would you happen to be able to help me out with my post in this thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/172870-nissan-genuine-part-numbers/page__st__640 would really be appreciated.

• 2 months later...