SAU Community

Fm Expander Or Converter...?

Rihim

Hi guys.. jus bought a R33skyline.. and the headunit is an Eclipse DVD one..AVN7702D.. now the onli problem is that it doesn pick up FM stations as jap works i think from 75Khz to 90Khz... ive been told ineed an expander of somesort... doesn anyone know where i can get it from and roughly how much they cost?? also the DVD onli plays region 2 i think.. is there anyway to convert it to region 4??

also wondering is the stuff liek gps and tv going to work here?/i think all the stuff for gps is there.. i think its called VICS...but yeah.. not sure.. if someone could shed some light on this subject it would be much appreciated.

thanks

If your headunit reads on the Japanese FM frequency (~75-90kHz), you'll need a frequency/band expander to compensate.

^^ any car audio or dicksmith store should have it mihir..

Also it should not cost you more than 20bucks at most.

Try works auto site. im sure they have one!!

Also im pretty sure your Nav system wont work at all here.

You will need a seperate unit purchased from here!! i remember readin it on CAA..

However if you somehow do make it work, i got a remote for it that i found in my car when i got it. My car had nav system also, but they took it out in japan. However they left the remote in my car.

Edited by siddr20

Hi guys.. jus bought a R33skyline.. and the headunit is an Eclipse DVD one..AVN7702D.. now the onli problem is that it doesn pick up FM stations as jap works i think from 75Khz to 90Khz... ive been told ineed an expander of somesort... doesn anyone know where i can get it from and roughly how much they cost?? also the DVD onli plays region 2 i think.. is there anyway to convert it to region 4??

also wondering is the stuff liek gps and tv going to work here?/i think all the stuff for gps is there.. i think its called VICS...but yeah.. not sure.. if someone could shed some light on this subject it would be much appreciated.

thanks

I got an FM expander you can have for $20.

Brand new never used.

PM me if your interested.