SAU Community

Imbul State Forest Rally

Col-GTSX

What a fun day out...

NEC was the major sponcer of the event and me being a major reseller of there products i got a couple of corperate tickets for yesterday. So we drove about 2 hours to get to the town of imbul and might i say it was quite a nice drive.

Once there we parked and got a shuttle bus down to the event stages. Once arriving at the corperate box and discovering there was a jump right in front of us. The beer was chilling and the porta potties were close by. I took the mrs with me on this event and a couple of the boys from work.

Then came along one of the rally car drivers to come up and bush sholders with the corperate folks. While this was happening i went for a little walk to check out the course and might i say it looked hard on the cars and drivers. Once i returned we had a roast lunch and a few more beers and a glass or two of red wine.

Then out comes the course car and bang we are into the group A cars... I thought the other cars were fast, but i was wrong. The toyota Corolla team car hit the jump at about 120kph and landed 20 metres down the road and then the lancer and then the ford focus... WOW...

Here are some of the better photos from the day.

I had a ball and wish i got some hot laps. The WRX i was surposed to go in broke its front tail shaft and ended up being towed. But the rest of my group had heaps of fun.

Pic enjoy.

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

that was Coates Rally Queensland. Some nice pics there Col.

for those who want to go and spectate at a rally, here's what's coming up:

* Aug 12, Round 3 KCF Short Course Series, Jimna.

* Sept 9, Goodyear Auto Service Centre Classic Rally, Gallangowan

* Nov 4, BioGanics Cooloola Rally, Gympie

Rumour has it that a few top Classic rally cars from NZ might be coming over for Gallangowan. John Spencer has been running his awesome Datsun 1600 over in NZ all year and a few of them are keen to come and do an event over here. That would be worth seeing. difficult event for spectating though. Stages start at Beerburrum, then go through Woodford, Jimna, and out to Gallangowan. Have to see what their spectator instructions are closer to the event.

here's a couple of pics of my rather unglorious foray into rallying a couple of years ago...

http://www.dairally.net/media/hrd_17-04-04.jpg

http://members.westnet.com.au/debandtim/images/stanza1.jpg

I stick to service crewing now! lol

Memories of past glories. Competing at QRC at Jimna and all the other awesome rallies. Looking forward to getting back, picking up 60-80acres at Dayboro and being a short but fun drive from the main rally centres, and Lakeside.

Nice catch Col.

Yeah it was awesome event. I too was out in the Forest taking pics as well as being at the start and finish

my pics can be found here

www.pbase.com/joelstrick/rallyqld06

Nice to see some real racing with real power slides for a change I bet

love the rally comps, those boys and gals have major skills

I was up ther on the weekend good time john spencer was doing good times on sunday after a misshap on saturday after some engine mount bolts came loose and damaged the oil filter sunday he set some good time running close to guests focus he loved the jump too 94kph he hit it at

also has a FJ24 for the datto at the NZ rallys too

I was up ther on the weekend good time john spencer was doing good times on sunday after a misshap on saturday after some engine mount bolts came loose and damaged the oil filter sunday he set some good time running close to guests focus he loved the jump too 94kph he hit it at

also has a FJ24 for the datto at the NZ rallys too

believe he's been running the Lseries in NZ. He has an FJ24 in the S12 Silvia he bought off Michael South last year, and has run that a couple of times up here.

Spencer is definitely quick. Seems to have a bit of trouble with mechanical frailty but very impressive to watch. I've seen him at Jimna, and watched vision from Otago NZ. Worth following.

Saturday's times before he DNF'd due to oil loss he was running pretty similar times to Dave Gaines in the Cruisin Auto Spares 240K. Dave is no slouch either and runs on the board to prove it.

Another 2wd car worth watching for its pace was the Menzies Falcon.

Guest's car seems more of a stop gap PR exercise for Ford this year until they get the S2000 specs sorted out. The Focus is a real work of art to look at, and seems very well engineered.

Spencer is definitely quick. Seems to have a bit of trouble with mechanical frailty but very impressive to watch. I've seen him at Jimna, and watched vision from Otago NZ. Worth following.

Saturday's times before he DNF'd due to oil loss he was running pretty similar times to Dave Gaines in the Cruisin Auto Spares 240K. Dave is no slouch either and runs on the board to prove it.

Another 2wd car worth watching for its pace was the Menzies Falcon.

Guest's car seems more of a stop gap PR exercise for Ford this year until they get the S2000 specs sorted out. The Focus is a real work of art to look at, and seems very well engineered.

yep john does have his problems with cars first time he took out the silvia a selector failed 2nd time broke some bolts and the weekend engine mount thats cars for you though

though johns sunday times blitzed the classic cars

I've got the in car footage from classic adelaide 2000 when he won it awsome driving

the menzies falcoon was keeping up with the focus too