SAU Community

Diy Advice: Best/most Appropiate Way To Remove Badges

J_R32

AFter a session with the search button and nothing returned on me i just want to ask what is the best way to remove those hideious badges that reside on my car's arse?

i was told eucalytus oil?and a plastic knife?? thing is on inspection those badges look like they really stuck there and i am worried any attempt in pulluing them off will pull off paint, being such an old car/paint.

tips/advice/procedure??

cheers.

Jam a chisel, or somethin similar, like say maybe a flat blade screwdriver..? In behind the badge, get yourself a decent sledge hammer. Now this is important, its got to be big. If you struggle to pick it up with one hand, your doin well... Make sure your shoulders are quite warmed up, and be prepared for the blow. If all goes well, that badge should come off no worries. Hope this has been helpfull.

Park your car at midland train station, and presto, fourty five minutes, no badges and you will even have four less centre caps for your car!

Go Midland..............................

ROFL i must agree with HIPSI Gossies is pretty bad, one of the worst places to leave ANY car... haven't parked at Midland train station and i dont intend to either...

Back on topic

Best method ive found is to use Tooth Floss. Its worked 4 times for me in the past, maybe fishing line could work as well :(

Midland Nah!! Go Gossies mate. Those badges will be gone, centre caps, wheels, interior. :D

pffffffttttttttttt my gtr is parked in gossie all day every day and i aint been badged there i was badged in freo :D

Do it slowly, and the reason for the plastic knife is so you dont scratch the metal. You just need to break down the glue so whatever does that. :D

What badges are you talking about here as well?

Use a hairdryer to heat up the badge. Slowly try to peel it off. If the glue is not soft enough, heat the badge more a little. Sooner or later the glue will become so soft that u can peel it off without leaving a stain.

P/s: This will effectively destroy the badge too.

I took the "gtst25" sticker off of my boot and the S badge from the bonnet by heating them up with a hairdryer and using a credit card on the sticker and then some eucalyptus oil to get rid of the residue.

To get the badge off of the bonnet, I heated it up with the hairdryer and used fishing line to dislodge the badge from the goo, heated it up more with the hair dryer and peeled it off with a credit card and again, the eucalyptus oil to remove the residue.

All up it took me about 40 minutes or so (I was being cautious).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason.

I took the "gtst25" sticker off of my boot and the S badge from the bonnet by heating them up with a hairdryer and using a credit card on the sticker and then some eucalyptus oil to get rid of the residue.

To get the badge off of the bonnet, I heated it up with the hairdryer and used fishing line to dislodge the badge from the goo, heated it up more with the hair dryer and peeled it off with a credit card and again, the eucalyptus oil to remove the residue.

All up it took me about 40 minutes or so (I was being cautious).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason.

That sounds the best method yet.. :D

best thing for removing the residue that I have found is a liquid called dissolveit. wipe it on and all traces of the glue residue is gone. Plus it works great on materials, so can remove any sticky leftovers from the seats, door trims etc :wub: hahaha

best thing for removing the residue that I have found is a liquid called dissolveit. wipe it on and all traces of the glue residue is gone. Plus it works great on materials, so can remove any sticky leftovers from the seats, door trims etc :P hahaha

i know we all like our skylines, but 'sticky residue' on the seats?

c'monnn jason! :P