SAU Community

Rb30 Conversion

My chick has a GTS R33 with RB20e engine in it. The engine is an absolute toy. I was thinking of throwing a RB30 in there as they are cheap as chips and everywhere. What mods if any are required to drop it in. I'm asuming the ECU and loom will need to be changed. Do the two engines share the same flywheel? Will the trans mount bolt up if I use the original RB20e 5 speed? Sump the same? etc. Someone would have done this for sure. Please post all your comments cheers.

if your meaning rb30e then it can be done easy as and cheep as chips.

read through this. its about r32 but it will work for r33

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=51129

if your wanting a twin cam swap it wont be that cheep or easy. i know as i have been through that myself with my rb30de convesion from rb20e..

damn sucks for yous over there with all your emitions stuff.

you could put a rb30e in. swap to the nissan cam cover and nobody would ever be the wiser as it would look exactly the same as the rb20e.. just a little taller.. plus you will gain torque and atleast 10kw at the wheels..

i wish i could have put a 26head now on my rb30.. just like im wishing i had put oil restrictors in the head as well... too much damn blowby!!

depending on the state u live in they might argue that the rb30 is too big

but put that aside im pretty sure the motor should bolt straight up to your existing box... you would use the clutch out of the rb30 aswell as the flywheel... and to drop it in you'd have to put the engine mount brackets off ur rb20 onto the rb30...

most rb30s have seen their day... unless you get a reco motor expect the annoying ticking of the lifters or just dont thrash it...

gearbox will bolt up. use your r33 engine mounts.

the thing is tho.. who is actually going to be able to tell it is a rb30? unless they look at the engine tag on the bottom of the block... cus if you put the 20e cam cover on nobody will be the wiser. even with my rb30de the mechanic thought it was a rb25de. even tho the intake pipe just touches the bonnet..

LOL! i think its illegal due to the emission !

if you get caught with one of em by the police;; your like screwed..

but who cares take the risk!!

Exactly the same if you get caught with a boost controller or larger turbo, cams, ecu. :D