SAU Community

Power Fc Or Afc Neo?

Didnt get much back from another post.....need some advice

All the mods i have (and plan to keep it that way) on my car are a Apexi pod with cold air intake and full 3" Blitz exhaust with slpit dump/front pipe. i want to extract the best performance out of what i have as i dont plan to boost it.

Would a Apexi AFC Neo do the job, or should a just go for the Power FC?

Not sure because i only have minor mods, and most people who buy the PFC have boost, fmic etc....

Any feeback and opinions are appreciated.

We go from the otherside.

What is he going to get from a PowerFC, with his mods... that can justify the extra $500-$600?

There is no boosting, no I/C upgrade, essentially its a stock car save for en exhaust

id go for the PFC with a boost kit just in case you get excited you can up the boost, maybe try and buy one used.

At the moment i have an Avc-r and im happy but i have a PFC waiting to get installed hopefuly next week, ill let you know how it goes.

cheers

steve

Edited by Tough R34

Akeenan - dont want to turn up the boost because im pretty happy the way everything is at the moment. My thoughts are basically; the more boost, the more problems. I think a PFC or SAFC would give it the little extra performance, mixture, fuel consumption etc...

Steve - Be sure to let me know how you go with the PFC, what changes/differences you feel

Dop3y - What kind of results did the car get? higher Kw?

Edited by PAV34

also power fc $500+ to tune, safc $100odd dollars to tune making the powerfc $1000 more expensive and for your mods i dont think your gonna get anywhere near $1000 worth of gains, especially if your not interested in increasing boost.

We go from the otherside.

What is he going to get from a PowerFC, with his mods... that can justify the extra $500-$600?

There is no boosting, no I/C upgrade, essentially its a stock car save for en exhaust

I agree. Even boosting to the capabilities of the stock turbo you won't NEED a power fc.

But if you think you might want to mod down the track (and you probably will want to! lol), perhaps a turbo upgrade.. might be best off sending the money now on an engine management system... you'll get a little more power and a little more fuel effciency in your current set up.

I really don't think you need either though, you'll get the most out of your stock car if you get that exhaust, high flow cat and really open her up!

i believe he stated on his initial post that he already has a full exhaust...

anyway, with just those basic mods u have, a afc neo will do fine! the cost difference of a powerfc and tuning it doesnt seem worth it.

powerfc $1000 + install & tune $500 = $1500

afc neo $500 + install & tune $100 = $600

$900 difference for say a max of 5-10hp gain? u decide if its worth it..

plus afc neo looks damn sexy with the colour screen! i have one myself :D

anyway, with just those basic mods u have, a afc neo will do fine! the cost difference of a powerfc and tuning it doesnt seem worth it.

powerfc $1000 + install & tune $500 = $1500

afc neo $500 + install & tune $100 = $600

$900 difference for say a max of 5-10hp gain? u decide if its worth it..

plus afc neo looks damn sexy with the colour screen! i have one myself :D

I personally doubt weather there will be any gains with his mods and no boost, probably not even a smother power delivery. Timing will be pretty spot on std and the safc will do just as good a job of controlling fuel at those airfow levels, pfc is overkill hands down! the only time the pfc starts to make gains is when the safc starts runing out of resolution(if thats the best word to discribe it, cant be bothered typing a in depth decription) and the std ecu starts taking over playing with the timing and fuel (r&r). my guess is the pfc would start to be worthwile/show gains above the 200rwkw mark

i know when everybody gets there first 'line (ive had mine for 3 months) they say there "happy just the way it is", and then a few weeks later they start modding flat out, but im genuinly happy the way it is, but a 'smoother power delivery' is spot on in what i want to acheive, also with a little gain in power. its a bit laggy, gets about 400km to the tank and i think the piggy back or pfc will help with these issues. true?

I got 170rwkw with the current mods by the way.

oops sorry, I mis-read it!

sounds like you know what you are doing PAV just a bit of food for thought... i pretty much have a stock car... and the power delivery is second to none.. it's just been set up really well. Ignition timing advanced, fmic, boost controller, high flow cat and 3inch cat back... had a split dump pipe bu the quality wasn't the best so I put a stock dump pipe back on and it is really running perfectly.. couldn't ask for better!

Anyhow, you sound like you know what you are doing, good luck with it!

Liz.

Got any pics of the new Neo tuyen?

The computer generated ones they use for marketing are pretty useless for working out how big the thing is :)

yeh just took some then in comparsion to safc2 :P

neo.JPG

neo2.JPG

sorry for whoring your thread PAV34.

ive driven stock r34 gtt and id say getting a powerfc wont make power delivery any smoother. Trust me they are damn smooth already! (try driving r32 with rb20det haha)

The main difference with powerfc to afc neo is that pfc can adjust ignition timing as well adjusting airflow for fuel while afc neo can only do fuel. While running stock boost, adjusting ignition is not needed. But adjusting airflow would help (a bit more power = a bit more smoother?) as u have an airfilter and full turbo back exhaust which would usually cause it run a tad rich..

400km a tank is decent.. u should look into replacing the o2 sensor of the car if you havnt already. Should be replacing them every 40,000km apparently in the skyline manual.

good luck :)

thanks for the comparison of the 2 afc tuyen, any major differences, pros and cons of the 2 items?? how much did you pick up the neo for?

btw forgot to mention i have a high flow cat....i know that problaly doesnt make a dif..

Edited by PAV34