SAU Community

R34 Neo Transmission On R33 Rb25?

Seeing if anyone knew if the R34 Neo 5spd manual transmission will work on the R33 RB25DET?....I have an S13 right now with an RB25 in there and had the stock R33 5spd, but it gave out and cant find that many R33 transmissions around. Found this R34 Neo transmission that I can pickup, but wanted to make sure that the bell housing would bolt up to the back of the block without a problem and also check to see if it is the same general overall size so that I wouldnt have any troubles with the tranny tunnel or driveshaft that I had made for the R33 setup.

Thanks

yes it will.

youl need the shifter and a pull clutch/flywheel asembly.

either.

r33gtr or r34gtt. 250mm clutch :D

i had one in my dr30. nice box with good ratios and very smoth operation.:laugh:

yes it will.

youl need the shifter and a pull clutch/flywheel asembly.

either.

r33gtr or r34gtt. 250mm clutch :)

i had one in my dr30. nice box with good ratios and very smoth operation.:wub:

I am about to fit an R34 box into my 33GTSt. (Auto to manual conversion)

Can I use an R33 GTR flywheel with a pull type clutch?

• 2 months later...
so has this been done before? does it fit straight on without any mods (apart from the flywheel/ can R33 flywheel fit?) or is there more to it and if there is plz explain

as T04GTR said, all you need is the gear lever and pull type clutch.

everything else bolts straight up.

• 4 months later...
anyone know if it would work vice versa, say r33 gbox into an r34 rb25det ?

thanks

Yes it does if you use the R33 gear lever, push type clutch and slave cylinder.

• 2 weeks later...
Why do you want to put a r34 box in it?

Works out cheaper to put the 33 box in doesn't it? And push type clutches are cheaper....

I just got my car back from a manual conversion So just curious

P.S help me out here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=154422

I got an R34 box as it was all I could find at the time.

Push type is cheaper.

For your conversion you need the wiring harness from the gearbox up to the fuse/relay box on the drivers side inner guard for the reverse lights to operate.

For the speedo to work you need the manual speedo gear drive in the box and a manual speedo head or it may be easier to buy a complete cluster second hand.

Dont ask me why Nissan have a manual and auto speedo head, but they do.

Hope that helps.

Stan

Edited by Stan

Seeing if anyone knew if the R34 Neo 5spd manual transmission will work on the R33 RB25DET?....I have an S13 right now with an RB25 in there and had the stock R33 5spd, but it gave out and cant find that many R33 transmissions around. Found this R34 Neo transmission that I can pickup, but wanted to make sure that the bell housing would bolt up to the back of the block without a problem and also check to see if it is the same general overall size so that I wouldnt have any troubles with the tranny tunnel or driveshaft that I had made for the R33 setup.

Thanks

Buy the R34 box and swap the front housings over, i just finished doing this 26 conversion with R34 box in S13 ( www.uras.com.au/democar.htm ), i hate pull clutches so used a R32 GTR housing but R33 GTst works exactly the same.

Edited by URAS