SAU Community

Permanent Vehicular Loss For Hooning

GTAAAH

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As ASH said cops can say and do as they please in Vic with no fear of being reprimanded even if being proved wrong in court.

Only way I can see them being reprimanded is by an individual suing a individual cop, but there prob something written in the law to get a cop out of that also.

Well the truth is the offences may have always existed and some are fair some not but the penalties are way too high with these new laws.

The police doesnt have to lie about what you have done wrong to give you a strike, all they need to do is exaggerate enough to make you fall into the "hoon" category, this may be because they remembered you from the last time u were pulled over for whatever reason and simply didn't like u.

Peoples rides are their joy and pride and Im quite sure that if someone is to be done for their 3rd offence for whatever reason, whether serious or not they will run from the police as they are about to loose their car, that they have put time, effort and money into.

We'll see how the road death toll goes over the next 12 months on victorian roads.

To tell you the truth i have very little trust or respect for the law now.

I was involved in a car accident over 12 mths ago and was hit by a drunk driver who was on drugs and was over 3 times over the legal limit. The result of the thousdands spent on lawyers is her receiving a $150 fine and loss of licence for a few months and her declaring bankruptcy. Meanwhile i received spinal injuries and am in debt because she wrote off my car.

She basicaly got away with it cause she couldnt afford to pay me the 5K i was asking for the simply cover the cost of my car which i only had for 3 weeks.

Unfortunatly we both had insurance with RACV. they would not cover the cost of my car as her insurence was deemed void as she was drunk and i only had 3rd party. so i got zip

Now, being young all this has taught me is that i can drink and drive and smash peoples cars, cause them injury and get away with it. but morals tell me different.

To add insult to injury she is jobless and living off my hard earned money as i need to work full time to cover the costs of her mistakes even though sometimes i cant get out of bed!!!!!

Not to mention recently, i was issued a EPA notice where i was informed that a TMU officer had pulled me over and checked under my bonnet and found the following wrong with my car

modified EFI (they are stock)

Externally Vented

BOV

BOV and Externally vented MEAN THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!

I called to fight it and was told that they could not give me the

oficers name and that it's his word over mine. Looking back at the date, it was easter monday and i was in the cinema at the time!!!!!!

Sorry guys, but i'm completly against this one!

It's not as if i hoon around on the streets because i dont wont anyone to suffer what i go through on a daily basis with my back. I go 5 below the speed limit at all times and i save the fun stuff for the track.

But i do think that there are going to be a lot of cars off the road due to cops misjudging actions of p platers in particular.

Im quite sure that if someone is to be done for their 3rd offence for whatever reason, whether serious or not they will run from the police as they are about to loose their car, that they have put time, effort and money into.

y would some 1 do a runner? its not like they confiscate their cars on the spot for the 2nd and 3rd offence. if u do a runner and they c ur plates then ur f**ked for hooning, failing to stop and being involved in a high speed chase and what ever else they can get u with not to mention still trying to confiscate ur car.

What happens if the car is owned by someone else?????? Do they still have the right to confiscate something that isn't owned by the driver? I dont think so... It would open up a nice law suit if they did try and confiscate it

What happens if the car is owned by someone else?????? Do they still have the right to confiscate something that isn't owned by the driver? I dont think so... It would open up a nice law suit if they did try and confiscate it

Yeah there was something about that for kids driving parents cars and yes they could also be confiscated. Would be a nice loophole otherwise.

probably best not to lend ur car to any1

To tell you the truth i have very little trust or respect for the law now.

I was involved in a car accident over 12 mths ago and was hit by a drunk driver who was on drugs and was over 3 times over the legal limit. The result of the thousdands spent on lawyers is her receiving a $150 fine and loss of licence for a few months and her declaring bankruptcy. Meanwhile i received spinal injuries and am in debt because she wrote off my car.

She basicaly got away with it cause she couldnt afford to pay me the 5K i was asking for the simply cover the cost of my car which i only had for 3 weeks.

Unfortunatly we both had insurance with RACV. they would not cover the cost of my car as her insurence was deemed void as she was drunk and i only had 3rd party. so i got zip

Now, being young all this has taught me is that i can drink and drive and smash peoples cars, cause them injury and get away with it. but morals tell me different.

To add insult to injury she is jobless and living off my hard earned money as i need to work full time to cover the costs of her mistakes even though sometimes i cant get out of bed!!!!!

Not to mention recently, i was issued a EPA notice where i was informed that a TMU officer had pulled me over and checked under my bonnet and found the following wrong with my car

modified EFI (they are stock)

Externally Vented

BOV

BOV and Externally vented MEAN THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!

I called to fight it and was told that they could not give me the

oficers name and that it's his word over mine. Looking back at the date, it was easter monday and i was in the cinema at the time!!!!!!

Sorry guys, but i'm completly against this one!

It's not as if i hoon around on the streets because i dont wont anyone to suffer what i go through on a daily basis with my back. I go 5 below the speed limit at all times and i save the fun stuff for the track.

But i do think that there are going to be a lot of cars off the road due to cops misjudging actions of p platers in particular.

Hey Sharni, that sucks...its wrong how the criminals in our society seem to get treated better than their victims

FYI, id say the comment about the externally vented BOV is legit (even though it may not be on your car). there are atmospheric BOV's (externally vented) and the plumb backs (like the stock BOV on our R33's)

As I understand it, if a person is caught hooning and the car to be sold off, but it is not their car, then a car they own can be substituted if it is of comparable value, otherwise the hooning car will be, despite the owner not being the driver, but the owner gave permission, though the owner could probably get something back in court if he stated that the way the car was used was not the way they agreed to use it.

Still, this is part of the law that I don't think will bother me at all.

No one's driving my line but me.

Well, maybe the girlfriend. If she can convince me. Or bribe me.

If you can prove you were in a cinemia @ the time.

Take it to court, and sue em, you cant loose if you're right :yucky:

well i'm 20 and have already lost a court case =( and i was totally in the right and everyone knew it, it was just a loophole that proved my biggest obsticle. i shoved it rite up thier a$$ though when i presented my car at the EPA, i changed everything back to stock and they turned around and said to me that "it's people like you we love on the road, just drive pretty cars but dont do anything to them" huh, coudlnt help but giggle to myself lol =)