SAU Community

Possibly Selling Ceffy

cefiro

Hey guys just thinking about selling my ceffy within a few months to cater for something a bit more user friendly, if you know anyone interested in buying one for a decent price that really is not money to spend and a champ drifter then let me know. I just really wnated to see if anyone would like to help me ut with a price of it.

Theres been heaps of stuff done mostly by previous owner.

here is a list of mods

RB20

HKS 2535

RB25 gearbox

HKS intercooler

3 in off turbo

oil cooler

ATS lsd

BBS 17in rims (dished on back)

autech copy body kit

bride drivers seat

4dr gtst interior

5 stud conversion S14/15 front 300zx rear

GTR calipers and rotors front and rear

kei office adj suspension

nismo lower controll arms front and rear

adj everything in the suspension

apexi super ............. boost controller

HKS exhaust temp gauge

defi boost controller

remapped ecu

made 222RWKW

has the cover for the front passenger side air vent (worth more than the whole car)

momo steering wheel

bosh motorsport fuel pump

flared front anf rear guards

5 puck clutch (only about 3000km old)

7 point roll cage

apexi afc controller (old school one) still hooked up but doesnt need adjustment.

Sure there is otehr stuff that I forgot but thats the majority

will post some pics if u like

has the cover for the front passenger side air vent (worth more than the whole car)

25000 just for that part, alone.

i think more than 15k, its a goodpackage that someone can get in check out phsically and mechanically i think the price should be uped 2k more just becasue it here and complied. i would say 17k but hey its hard to find buyers now in the market.

pot pics so i can compare mine to yours.

If it's still that clean, and that sexah, I'm with the others with starting closer to the 17k mark.

I've found that the market price for hardcore imports (especially drift orientated) has dropped pretty drasticly over the last 12 months. I.e Somonestolecc's car, wich would have close to double spent on what it was sold for. Also my mate with a clean manual T67 equiped Soarer having trouble finding a buyer for 12.5k!!

Good bit of kit on it, other than the anchor under the bonnet :D

I think 17k is dreaming. I'd start at 16k and be prepared to take offers. I ended up taking the value of 14-15k for mine (took a few things off, cancelled rego etc) so that gives you an idea.

Really the import market being flooded is a buyers market - I waited 6months+ to sell my car. In that time I had bugger all people call me. Plenty of people leave posts but if you're not serious enough to PM or call they don't count. I had 2 parties look at the car in the end.

The first was some idiot who told me he'd take the car for over a month, making up excuses and other bullshit, I didn't realise people would be such time wasters (it defies logic) so I believed him. f**king clown.

The second person that came out compared the car he was going to get for $15k with his mates mint $22k onevias etc - so he ended up not buying it.

Then it finally sold to a couple in QLD who'd just seen pictures of it - and I wish them all the best because it was sold to them within 10 days, so good on them for being decent.

Point is 6mths+ to get 1 really interested party??? That sucks and I hope you have better luck. My advice is don't be afraid to think 'what would I accept in 6months' and advertise it at that price - you might lose a bit but save 6mnths. Ultimately I don't think my car was too expensive, I just decided enough was enough so accepted an offer that meant I stopped paying interest - so for me it was worth the saving in 6months worth of debt interest and the fact I had nowhere to live :(

.... hmm there's my introductory story to the politics of post modern contemporary cefiro selling (i.e. sorry for the long post). Good luck.

your totally right man i suggest unless you are desperate to sell, keep a reserve price in your head not what the markets at but the least you are willing to part the car with. i did this with my last ceffy f**k i loved that car i asked 12k for it and stuck with that price for 6-8 monthes had ppl throw offers as low as 6-7k!! but i finally sold it for what i wanted then that guy went broke and sold it for 7k.

Cheers for the input guys, apreciate it. Its really been a great car considering I drive it almost everyday, been reliable and a treat to own. only been "regular" things go on it such as clutch and wheel bearings etc but thats all just general maintenance. I will keep you up to date with whats happening and it prob wont be for a at least a weeks before anything substancial happens.