SAU Community

Rb25 Vs Rb26 Exhaust Flange Pattern

hey all,

after a bit of a search and checking out some photo's, the bolt pattern on the rb25 exhaust flange seems to be the same as the rb26, i was just wondering if anybody could confirm this for me? as in would it be possible to bolt up the stocko twin turbo exhaust manifolds from the rb26 onto the 25 and visa versa, or are the studs different sizes/threads..

thanks in advance,

mark

ahh, i see, thanks for clearing this up.. i wonder if it would be possible to bore holes in the rear gtr manifold so it would fit onto the rb25.. opertunity has just arrison for me to get access to a cheap pair of gtr turbo's and manifolds/dump pipes

I don't see why you couldn't make up an adaptor plate to bolt the RB26 manifolds to the RB25 (or RB20) head. Pretty sure that "Jago" on here has done something similar in his R31. Apexi made a manifold that suits both RB25 and RB26:

post-4183-1152091716.jpg

post-4183-1152091729.jpg

post-4183-1152091738.jpg

I don't see why you couldn't make up an adaptor plate to bolt the RB26 manifolds to the RB25 (or RB20) head. Pretty sure that "Jago" on here has done something similar in his R31. Apexi made a manifold that suits both RB25 and RB26:

cheers, thanks for your response :D

after a little more searching through japaneese sites (babblefish is your friend) i found these:

http://blog18.fc2.com/r/ricoh/file/rb25-26.jpg

apparently it was quite a popular mod over there in it's day.. anyway, if i do make any more progress in my endevours i'll post back

thanks again,

mark