SAU Community

Rb20 Power Flat Spot

Hey guys, done some recent mods to my R32 Gts-t;

3 inch HKS cat bak,

Hybrid FMIC,

Greddy profec B 2 EBC,

new iridium plugs,

full synthetic oil + catch can.

(now runnin 10psi @ low boost, 13psi @ high)

I've had it all tuned initally and wasnt to thrilled :wave: so i sent it bak and had the plugs re-gapped which improved High end considerably,

Now im feeling a real flat spot at mid rang as she comes on to higher boost, then it just wants to rocket to 7000rpm.

At what point should i need to upgrade fuel pump and injectors? I would have thought standars would be sufficiant??

any help would be appreciated

Regards Damian

as for if your standard pump/injectors would be adequate, it depends what sort of condition they are in...

the pumps are getting to that stage in their life where they are going to start dying...

also, have you checked your coilpacks?

Get your afr's checked on a dyno your car is probably running rich a common problem when you start adding extra airflow. Since you have an R32 you should look at getting your ecu remaped you will gain noticable power too.

cheers

A new fuel pump fixed mine (exactly the same problem), take it to a mechanic, he should be able to do a fuel flow and pressure analysis on you (cost me $40). You will also want to replace the fuel filter. Tell me if you need help on packs, afm checking or any other suggested solutions for this problem, as ive just done it all to mine :dry:

Edited by r32 gts-turbo