SAU Community

Head F@#k

STAGE-A

Talking about head gaskets......

Last time I had a service I was told i had oil in my radiator refiller, so I checked and sure enough there is about a 1mm film on top.

SO I checked my oil, nope black as the ace of spades.

SO I have been monitoring the coolant level and it hasnt moved a millimetre.

Also been periodically checking my oil, to watch for any discolouration, but nope, still 3mths later, still black as the ace of spades.

ALSO checked the top of my radiator, by takeing the cap off when it is cold, and there is a tiny bit of oil there.

So what is the diagnosis?

There is no white/blue/grey smoke, only black fuel smoke which comes out the back, and only when I am at 75% throttle or higher.

Opinions?

is it not smokin at all at idle even? are you sure it wasnt just the cold morning and condensation? has it happened since the other day u started the car?

Could of been just a lot of condesation, but i also noticed when we left citywest the other night at the lights i saw thru my rear view i had smoke billowing out. and have noticed a few times smoke just pouring out in my rear view.

I could be paranoid but i didnt notice any of the cars doing the same. Ive been driving it and its ok.. boost is very tempermental, sometimes it boosts fairly hard when taking off (just normal taking off) othertimes you can feel the weight of the car as it feels like i have to put my foot down just to go the same pace as all the other cars on the road . (this has been since i bought the car, increasing the boost fixed this prob for a while and made it feel a bit sharper and more responsive but now its bout the same as when i first had the car again) :D

Very hard to explain, but the smoke, the irregularitys in performance and the car forever stalling (only happened since the new plumbback BOV has been installed, have tried everything to fix this ) is very concerning just before im about to install all the mods ive just bought.

Lee

My old Stag stalled all the time when I had a new BOV installed, although it was 100% ATMO, so that explains it. Meh my head hurts

I still believe its your turbo.

1 Question why did you upgrade the standard plumb back bov to an aftermarket plum back?

upgraded the BOV due to wanting to upgrade the turbo and run higher boost. Also wanted to keep it full sleeper so thats why its Plumback. Took bout 4 weeks to get it as its black to keep the stealth look under the bonnet too :blink:

how much power are you intending on running? I know for a fact the standard bov can hold with no probs at all over 200awkw.

AMS- how did you hook up the other atmo bov as there is no little vac nipple in the top of the bov to connect the vac hose to