SAU Community

Anyone Had There Car Tuned For 98ron

al_r33

Hey people,

Anybody had there car tuned with 98ron? Had any problems with it?

mods to my car are:

3inch turbo back exhuast

avcr .8bar

fmic

bosch 044

pod/cai

Rebuilt & Reconditioned Engine (forged Piston, GTR Rods etc)

Just got pro to put in my PFC & tune it and currently the the car is making about 130rwkw (will confirm)! but he cant get anymore out of it! seems to be the fuel is shit!

so anyone had any problems?

Cheers

i take it you have a r33 as thats what your pic is. if so 130rwkw is pretty pore i would think even for an rb20 with thoes mods you should get more. maybe you need more boost. boost is your friend.

The best you could get is 130?? that is shit house.

I had my car tuned on 11psi by Dave Powell (before he left) on Pro Auto's dyno using 95RON and made 168rwkw.

I only have boost controller, fmic, SAFC II and a 3in turbo back.

More recently i made 152rwkw when Dr Drift came down and tuned my car but this was only because it was missing above that. More than likely my problem was my plugs being incorrectly gapped but due to time restraints I didn't have time to regap them so went for the safe 152rwkw tune. That was on 95RON too.

On 98RON I'd expect at least 170-190rwkw on about 12psi. Something is up with that result.

yer its a r33 with a rb25! yer it got 138rwkw on .7bar which is crap with all them mods! pro said run a few tanks of 95ron and come back and see it make a diff!

the crap thing about it was pro put it on the dyno with out touching it and its made 111rwkw which is a joke! so he managed to gain 27rwkw out of it!

i am going to get another power run done on another dyno to compare!

have a look at the dyno sheet & let me know

the blue is befour the pfc was tune & red is with pfc tuned

i must say after reading alot of people post of there power out put this would have to be the shitest one ever!

Cheers

Alan

post-16969-1155031091.jpg

Edited by al_r33

27rwkw is a huge gain!

Puting ur car on another dyno ISN'T going to make ur car have more power...

Comparitivly, that dose seem quite low however. How dose it feel on the road? Do you get hammered by corolla's?? A full weight gts-t with 130rwkw would feel a little slugish...

I'd like to know what Andy said? hmm...

yer 27kw is a good gain! but when its makin 111rwkw its just crap!! the thing is how can i beat vy ss utes, wrx's etc if i had 111rwkw! i just find it hard to beleive that a 5000km old engine & all them mods make 138rwkw!

well the curve looks okay to me. Maybe the settings of the dyno are wrong and its just reading low. Settings like inlet temp and BP can effect the actual numbers.

If it feels fast thats all that really matters.

How much did he charge you just out of interest?

I'm looking to get a service and a re-tune for 98RON of my SAFC II and not sure where to take it since Dave has gone.

Well if u can do that. Then what dose it matter what a piece of paper says?

What did Andy say?

I'm happy my car runs 10's on street tyres more than it has a 393rwkw dyno sheet...

Edited by XRATED

can i ask why you dont run more boost as surely the mods you have would suport 1bar (as much as the turbo)

just wondering why please dont shoot me.

and like xrated said if your happy with what it does peak HP isnt a consern.

can i ask why you dont run more boost as surely the mods you have would suport 1bar (as much as the turbo)

just wondering why please dont shoot me.

and like xrated said if your happy with what it does peak HP isnt a consern.

He's got an R33. The recommended daily max is 12psi and from what others have posted on this forum the stock turbo doesn't flow any more air above this anyway so you're not getting bugger all power increase. What you do get from running 1 bar on the stock turbo is a time bomb.

Andy basically said its either the fuel or the or the ratio of my motor might be high! But we put it down to fuel! Cost me $495inl gst! I dont want to run 1bar im tryin to make it last for awhile! i know for a fact that its definitly not slow & doesnt fell like it has a 138rwkw. anyway im over it!

cheers

Al

Edited by al_r33

JDM engines are tuned from the factory for 98RON. Anyhow, just had mine dyno tuned this week with a tank of 98 - 146rwkw at 8psi rb20det with an r33 turbo and SAFC-2. So for an RB25DET thats a poor figure, but you know, its not all about max power.... I could easily get more out of mine but we felt even the slightest bit of detonation (as in, not audible by ear unless using the expensive tuning gear) was not worth it.

u up north or down south frigjam?

How much they charge you to get the SAFC II retuned?

South... All up I spent just over $500 in total for 2 occasions on the dyno, the car went in with a few problems, first the fuel pump was too weak, and then the TPS was playing up giving the ECU a wrong signal, rewired an R33 TPS in and that worked, also allowed the SAFC-2 to also work properly....

However any other car just with a SAFC-2 already wired in, ready to go, looking at 2 hours max on the dyno so $200 at the very most. To get any real benefit of the SAFC-2 you'll need some decent boost control (i use the AVC-R), and an adj fuel reg would also be handy.

Cheers

Paul.

Edited by frigjam

Stock as a rock RB25DET is between 135-145rwkw.

My R33 ran 190 rwkw on 95 fuel with exhaust, FMIC, 12psi & Power FC ac ouple of yrs ago.

Had my R34 tuned late last yr with the same mods & fuel (NEOs are higher comp) & made 192rwkw.

Both done on Pro Auto's dyno.

So yeah, some thing not right with the dyno or the car.

He's got an R33. The recommended daily max is 12psi and from what others have posted on this forum the stock turbo doesn't flow any more air above this anyway so you're not getting bugger all power increase. What you do get from running 1 bar on the stock turbo is a time bomb.

sorry i miss read that he was running .7 bar which would be close to 12psi but i also said in brackets (what ever the turbo would take)

and i also said dont shoot me over it im JUST ASKING!!!!

sorry i miss read that he was running .7 bar which would be close to 12psi but i also said in brackets (what ever the turbo would take)

and i also said dont shoot me over it im JUST ASKING!!!!

no need to shout :P

I simply replied why he wouldn't go to 1 bar :sorcerer: