SAU Community

Cutting Front Bumper Support?

So, in about 1 week i will be fitting a GTR front bumper to my GTSt and want to know about the bumper support..

i know it will need to be cut to accommodate the numberplate area and the N1 holes..

- what can i use to cut it?

- or should i just take it to the closest exhaust shop and say "cut this here..." ?

before anyone says anything else, i know it must be illegal to cut the bumper support, and that it may reduce the structural support of the bumper.. but i can live with that

also i'm not making a gtst look like a gtr, just trying to make the gtst look tougher!

cheers for your help,

Warren

ok then. I just thought you might want it legal.

ok

I can describe what i did. Basiaclly, if you try and fit the gtr bar on, it will bolt in on the sides without the reo on. to get the reo to work, basicall, it's too tall.

It's hard to describe, but imagine the middle bit is like this:

-------

-------

when it should be like this:

-------

-------

so basically, you ahve to take some off the bottom of it, like if you were doing a fmic install.

Like when you push the bar back onto it, the gtst reo can't fit into the gtr bar.

Edited by 97r33gtst-typeM

spend the extra 100 bucks and avoid having a gap about 1cm wide in front of your headlights as you try and flex the wider GTR bumper onto the narrower GTS bumper support. Plus you can then mount an FMIC without cutting the support, and its legal.

Unfortunately you are in a catch22 situation, the bar wont fit correctly as it is wider, so buying the correct support may be the only way from stopping it from looking tacky. otherwise sell the bar and buy a fibreglass GTr style bar to suit GTST front. about $500 with N1 vents, if your like me you will be pissed if you go to all this trouble and it doesnt look right.

hmmmm so its in sydney :dry: and postage would be a beatch :P

anyone got a pic of a support bar?

if i decide to cut mine. i will need a guide to follow at least..

anyone else with any help at all would be greatly appreciated :)

No1 seems to have mentioned that if he buys a gtr crash brace he will still have to cut it to allow for the n1 slots, so if hes cutting it anyway, why not leave the current bar on.

The only bar that doesnt require cutting is a gtr n1 crash brace, and yeah good luck with that