SAU Community

Servicing R33 Series 2???

MacK

Hi all! i bought my 1996 Series 2 Skyline GTST bout 5 months ago and i wanna take it for a service... I live in Sydney Nrth beachs area and i wanna know how much u all pay for a full service..

Im gonna get my Oil changed

oil filter

fuel filter

brakes checked

wheel alignment

wheel balancing

spark plugs etc etc and i got quoted $250.00???

IS that a normal price? what sort of cost am i looking at?

any advie would be great!

Guest RedLineGTR

Oil changed ->

You can do yourself (Pick Your Own Brand)

oil filter ->

Easy do when draining oil (Filter easy to get Ryco 145A)

fuel filter ->

Do Yourself (Ryco Z200 Or Z201 Or Gen Nissan)

brakes checked ->

Pop One of ya wheels off check how much pads are left. (recommend system flush and new fluid along with new pads)

wheel alignment & wheel balancing ->

Check the tires pop one or two off check tread if being worn wrong,or steering wheel shakes, if none of those it should be okay.

spark plugs ->

Takes abit longer than the others, but well worth the effort, some preformace gains on decent plugs compaired to old ones that have been in there since new.

Most of these topics would of been covered, try searching for them, or if stuck about any of the above i'm sure someone would help out.

Cheers Rob

Yea i hear where u coming from Rob, but even though its all easy, it just takes a decent amount of time, so i might as well get it all professionally looked at and done...... i used to do the service on my VL myself, but with my skyline i wanna take a bit more care and plus the mechanis doing it owns a R32 and knows the good oils to use..

what oil would u use on a modded 1996 series 2 GTST?

my mechanis suggest semi synthetic.... what do u suggest for a car that hasnt done too many k's??

Guest RedLineGTR

Everyone uses their own brand or whatever price sound decent, but 99.9% chanage their oil at 5000K or less, buying pricey oils at $100 most people cant afford the constant forking out of 100 buck on brand like Redline(full syth). I Use Shell Helix Ultra 5-40W i rekon would prob go for 10-40w seems good not to thin not ot thick semi syn or full syn your choice.

In the End, go with what the mechanic uses, if he believes it good then it should be okay, have a look around the forums and web sites of different brands and comments. Also long as you dont buy the home brand type of oil..lolz

In most cases you get what you pay for depends on ya budget how far ya wanna go. Mobile 1, Shell, Castrol, Motul ,Penrite

Hey MRK!! im in Frenchs Forest! so sorta nrth beachs area..

I have gone on a couple of cruises with the ENVY boys from MANLY? u know them?

i dont see many series 2 skylines round here, but i reckon it would be good to get a crew to cruise.... wat u think?

im 22 m n i work in Brookvale..

The mechanic im gonna take it to is in Forestville and the details r

SAFETY SERVICE CENTRE

1 CURRIE ROAD

FORESTVILLE 2087

PH: 9451 4761

OR 9452 4909

Give em a call and ask to talk to Harry n say Phil with the Black Series 2 skyline said to give you guys a call for a service on skyline...

This Harry guy is a top bloke n he has a Skyline of his own, he knows all the ins and outs and has a passion for skylines... so i fully trust him!!

Like everybody says, it is worth doing it yourself if you want to spend the time and save money (or spend the money on the rest of the car, etc).

Some people have the perception that the skyline is some sort of magic car - but servicing a skyline is pretty much exactly the same as any other car on the road. Why get robbed on the prices for both the parts and then pay the labour costs ontop? Spend the money on the tuning.

Ok, well i think much of this has been covered before in other threads. But a bit of an idea of prices:

Fuel Filter - $15 Ryco Z200 (same as for VL basically)

Oil Filter - $12 Ryco Z145A

Oil - depends - $35 - $60 will get you a range of decent ones

Spark Plugs - NGK BP6RES coppers - $25 for a set of six (repco)

So your basic service = $87 plus whatever u value your time at :(

The mobil fully synth or semi-synth work pretty well too. Last change I used Mobil Synth S 10W-40.. $35 I think it was from Kmart :D

Kamikazze.. spark plugs aren't too difficult but it does take a bit of work (maybe 30 mins) to get to the actual plugs. I'd post a tutorial but i don't have a digi cam so makes it a bit difficult.

Fuel filter is pretty unclamp and replace.. main prob is just getting the sucker off, as it sits pretty tight in the fuel line. i got a bit of fuel everywhere but eventually i got it all hooked up

err...yes.. that scibyline guide for the oil was good

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...&threadid=10035

Somebody should mod that up to a sticky i think! In fact we need lots more stickys so the same questions don't keep getting asked.

I got a full 5L in although most say you can only put 4? anyway :D

mac, take a chill pill, I don't see any replies here that are not trying to help you out. Also please try to post your questions in they're respective sections. I've gone over this question for you in NSW and I wil do it here for good measure ...

As I've mentioned, I take my car to Mark @ Hills Motorsports (02) 8802 0777.

Here's a few things to give you an idea of pricing, obviously each individual service would be different however this should give you an idea of cost.

Labour at Hills is about $80 p/hour ... All of this will most likely be around 7.8 Hours of work, so around $624 in labour.

All these prices are off my latest invoice, they are ex GST ...

Fuel Filter - $16.36

Oil Filter - $16.36

NGK Spark Plugs - $3.5617 each (six required)

P/S Belt - $30.51

A/C Belt - $ 28.09

Alt Belt - $14.50

Timing Belt - $89.82

Thermostat - $42.57

Water Pump - $139.18

Castor Rod (pair) - $86.36

Brake Fluid - $18.18 p/litre (2.2l required) Motul Fluids Used

Clutch Fluid - $6.32 p/litre (1.1l required) Motul Fluids Used

P/S Fluid - $30.908 p/litre (2l required)

Engine Oil - $14.57 p/litre (5l required) Royal Puple Fluids Used

Gearbox Oil - $25.69 p/litre (6l required) Royal Puple Fluids Used

Coolant + Flush - $30.908 p/litre (2.5l required)

gordo do i actually have to take the plenum off? cos ive taken all the intake pipes off b4 when i was trying to take the cam covers off, but i couldnt get to the left one cos the intake was right above one of the bolts i was trying to get at... so i thought i may have to take the plenum off

same wif the spark plugs?

nope.. you have to take the main air piping to the plenum off though.. thena couple of side hoses.. then u take that plastic cover off thats says "nissan 2500". The coils and plugs are under there.

i think you're thinking the way i was thinking before i worked it all out - its not near the injectors like other cars.