SAU Community

Lowering A 33

sam5709

grinder if u wanna go really dumped...

check out SydneyKid on the Group Buys section of the For Sale part. he has excellent R33 suspension upgrades.

i thought that if you take a grinder to springs they can bend out of shape or sumthin?

backyard + grinder.

haha yeah if you want cheap...then as Mitchy said.

By far the cheapest, but not necessarily the best :huh: by cutting the spring you are reducing the bump height, and the standard spring rate might not be enough to cope with roads. If you want to just go springs, buy a set of heavy duty super lows that have the spring rate to cope with the reduced travel :P

I am sure it's also illegal to have cut springs :)

when doin springs change shocks as it f*kts the ride of the car makes it soft

or go coilovers like teins or jic

i got D2s on atm and they are shit as some can maybe tell u

I have D2's on mine now too after my JIC's shat themselves. Definitely not as stiff a ride now...not sure whether to rebuild my JIC's and try and sell the D2's, or sell my JIC's as they are and let someone else rebuild them and use them :(

If you want a lower custom ride hight, come down to REPCO where i work. We can get you in custom springs from King Spring, Our price will be the best price around for new springs, Lot better then any sespension shop. For more info PM me.

If you want a lower custom ride hight, come down to REPCO where i work. We can get you in custom springs from King Spring, Our price will be the best price around for new springs, Lot better then any sespension shop. For more info PM me.

Jaker, Does repco fit? Does repco align? Can repco tell me the spring rates? Can repco give me any details at all of the EXACT result of the "Custom King Springs"? Can Repco design me a set of springs to my EXACT requirements? To say your better than "any sespension shop" is a very big call, especially when you struggle to even spell Suspension correctly. My suggestion if you definately want King Springs, off the shelf or custom, would be to contact Wilkinson Suspension as they have been the distributor for kings for a lot longer than repco. (and happen to be a SAU Sponsor)

Just my 2c

Regards

Brad

Jaker, Does repco fit? Does repco align? Can repco tell me the spring rates? Can repco give me any details at all of the EXACT result of the "Custom King Springs"? Can Repco design me a set of springs to my EXACT requirements? To say your better than "any sespension shop" is a very big call, especially when you struggle to even spell Suspension correctly. My suggestion if you definately want King Springs, off the shelf or custom, would be to contact Wilkinson Suspension as they have been the distributor for kings for a lot longer than repco. (and happen to be a SAU Sponsor)

Im not saying that were better, im saying our prices are half the price.

All you have to do is go into a shop like Wilkinsons and tell them what you want and they will tell you what rate and height you need.

Repco can fit, spring rates, yes we can cause you tell us if you want customs, EXACT, of course you knob because you tell us what you want. WTF do you think CUSTOM means, as i said there are off the shelf and then their are custom springs.

At the end of the day how hard is if to install springs, if you cant do it go to wilkinsons to get them to install them. All im trying to say is we can get them cheap, sorry to stand on a few toes for helping out. Most staff at repco might not know how to help you out, but me and my mate know skylines, so no harm in getting a quote.

ive just got standard shocks with king springs 50mm lowered or somethin. they were in the car car when i bought it. i havent had any issues and prev owner babied it and he never had an issue.

i do agree if your gonna do springs wait and do whole lot but if ya aint got the cash do what ya can or wait :(