SAU Community

Selling Modded R33 Skylines

Guys,

Thinking of selling my heavily modded SI R33 Skyline GTS-T 2 dr.

Can people who have sold or tried to sell their modded R33s discuss how they went? Did it take too long to sell, did you have to sacrifice price below what you thought you'd honestly get, etc etc.

I have most stock parts and I am therefore thinking either of two options:

1. Pay speed shop to take it back to near stock (I have no time) and trade in on new car. Then sell all of my good bits.

2. Sell car as is (i.e. modded) and sell all the stock bits. Buy new car seperately.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Cheers,

Lachlan.

If your only thinking about selling, and your not desperate for money, slap a price tag that you want to get for the car. Let the people come to you, and the serious one will come if your prepared to wait for them.

I hate seeing people that are desperate to sell cutting like 6-8 grand off the price tag just coz they need a quick sale - thats gotta hurt.

I bought my car a few months ago from a guy in QLD, it's had alot of work done to it but it is exactly what I wanted so I lucked out. Looking at it from the sellers point of view though it is never as good with modified cars, what I paid for mine with approx 20g's of work done to it within the last year I could have paid MORE for a dead stock one here in Melb. My advice, if you aren't in a rush to sell it put it up for sale as is, it might just be exactly what someone is looking for, if it doesn't sell put it back to stock and sell all the goodies of individually. In the long run though you will definatley get more money the latter way though.

Thanks guys.

I've decided to take bits off and trade in as stockie on new car. From a timing perspective, it will work better for me and that's worth something at this stage. CBF having people come over and kick tyres etc.