arbess

Thanks for reading fellow QLD'ers

Who has spacers?

What size are they?

Floaters or actual bolt in ones?

What car is it on?

What is the law in QLD?

I want to buy spacers for my R32 GTR.

Obviously they are pretty exy and i want to get the right size ones.

Can anyone spare a weekend morning or arvo and let me try the spacer on my car? Im looking to buy the bolt on ones that are around 20mm-25mm.

Ill buy you maccas on the way LOL.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 5mm slip on ones lying around...

Tried the 20mm bolt on ones before...made my steering shake going between 100-110 no matter how many times i tried balancing the wheels...in the end I gave up and bought proper wheels that fit without spacers...

Not recommended from a legal perspective.

N15mo.

im no engineer but from a mechanical view i dont think that spacers will do that to your steering. it would seem like something else in your steering line has worn or not in good condition. Of course as i said im no engineer.

N15mo.

im no engineer but from a mechanical view i dont think that spacers will do that to your steering. it would seem like something else in your steering line has worn or not in good condition. Of course as i said im no engineer.

Well I took it in to a few wheel shops for opinions and thats what they told me. and got the wheels balanced a couple of times...when I took the spacers off, no more shakes...

Fair enough. still like my story. hehe.

Jake32, do you just have 1 pair?

just the pair,and i`d agree ..if spacers are used to counter offset on a particular wheel than there should be no steering shudder or such

:O

5 and 3mm each side on the front of R33 brakes.. Probably what most would call borderline safe. Not road legal though of course.

slip ons are never going to be perfectly centric to the hub... Nis50 have you got any pics of yours? Mine have a bit of play around the studs but are a light weight design wich I attribute to me having no problems at higher speeds.

:O

5 and 3mm each side on the front of R33 brakes.. Probably what most would call borderline safe. Not road legal though of course.

slip ons are never going to be perfectly centric to the hub... Nis50 have you got any pics of yours? Mine have a bit of play around the studs but are a light weight design wich I attribute to me having no problems at higher speeds.

Nah, I returned them. They were custom made by Chris at wheels revolution...supposedly one of the higher quality ones..I guess they weren't...:)

ive been reading up about spacers too. slip on ones are 'dodgy' depending who you talk to. i wouldnt go any more than 5mm slip on. also you need to watch how much thread you have left. if its too short get longer hub bolts

bolt on tend to be a lot safer in many peoples views. also with any spacer, its best to get one that has a centric hub locater. this will eliminate the shaking provided you had good wheel balance before the spacers.

I've got slip on ones. They ARE hub centrifical. They will be going back on, on the weekend so I'll get some pics etc. But I also have longer studs. Wheel revoultions werent going to make them unless I did have the longer studs, so they do realise there is a safty issue attached.

I tried some "floaters/slip ons" awhile back and they werent very useful. I think im in preference for the Bolt on ones. They look safer as they have implanted studs and they would give you a more central location to the Hub.

The floaters were not very central.

And i cant be stuffed spending more $$$ when its really a cosmetic feature im chasing.

Thanks for reading fellow QLD'ers

Who has spacers?

What size are they?

Floaters or actual bolt in ones?

What car is it on?

What is the law in QLD?

I want to buy spacers for my R32 GTR.

Obviously they are pretty exy and i want to get the right size ones.

Can anyone spare a weekend morning or arvo and let me try the spacer on my car? Im looking to buy the bolt on ones that are around 20mm-25mm.

Ill buy you maccas on the way LOL.

Hrmm.. no offence. but that is like asking who wanted to be shafted next time when being checked for defect... but if you want to check out what spacers will fit or what not, have you called a few tyre places? I know of one on gold coast that has a number of different sizes (saw they had then in the cabinet while I was there last time) and I'm sure they would be happy to find out which fits and what not. But they will say its not street legal. PM me if you like the details of the store.

N15mo.

i have slip on spacers on my gtr atm.. if they are just put on and not eqully spaced before you tighten the wheel nuts up then it makes your wheels shakes really bad

Slip on ones. As you can see they are machined to suit my wheels and hubs. Fit on perfectly, and were made by a wheel maker so I know they are actually central and all true.

Reason for slip ons is they dont make 10mm bolt ons, that are safe anyway.

post-4806-1156319484.jpg

post-4806-1156319497.jpg

post-4806-1156319518.jpg