SAU Community

That Skyline Auto-lock Thing...

Is there anyway to stop that auto-locking "feature"? today, i had the unfortunate result of that feature happen to me, basically my keys fell out of my pocket into the car when i reached in to get something, long story short, the car locked me out and i had to call racv to come and break into my car (took him about 2mins to break in :) ). Can that "feature" be disabled or do i just have to live with it?

Edited by RyanN

nah it doesn't have an aftermarket alarm yet, and no the car wasn't moving at the time :) It seems to lock again after a few minutes of remote unlocking, i thought it might of been a nissan security feature... but if your cars dont do it then was there an optional security system or something that this might be linked to?

after thinking about it for awhile though im considering taping a spare key to i/c piping inside the front bumper, that way i wouldnt have to, the next time this happens i wont have to worry about somehow getting home, finding the other spare key, then getting back before someone else takes it. sane idea? :)

Edited by RyanN

nah it doesn't have an aftermarket alarm yet, and no the car wasn't moving at the time :) It seems to lock again after a few minutes of remote unlocking, i thought it might of been a nissan security feature... but if your cars dont do it then was there an optional security system or something that this might be linked to?

after thinking about it for awhile though im considering taping a spare key to i/c piping inside the front bumper, that way i wouldnt have to, the next time this happens i wont have to worry about somehow getting home, finding the other spare key, then getting back before someone else takes it. sane idea? :)

OK...we'll take note of tht :O

But seriously...should be a way to disable it...its a pain in the arse function...maybe post on the alarms and car audio section and wait for chris rogers to answer.

its a skyline thing as far as i know...

lol 2mins to break in... what a pro.

yeah he used a little air bag thing he pumps up near the top of door to create a small gap, then reaches in with a piece of wire to pull the lock back; it took him longer to fill out the paperwork.

OK...we'll take note of tht :)

But seriously...should be a way to disable it...its a pain in the arse function...maybe post on the alarms and car audio section and wait for chris rogers to answer.

im guessing its hard coded straight into the ecu... maybe actually installing an aftermarket alarm could override that feature.

nah it doesn't have an aftermarket alarm yet, and no the car wasn't moving at the time :D It seems to lock again after a few minutes of remote unlocking, i thought it might of been a nissan security feature... but if your cars dont do it then was there an optional security system or something that this might be linked to?

after thinking about it for awhile though im considering taping a spare key to i/c piping inside the front bumper, that way i wouldnt have to, the next time this happens i wont have to worry about somehow getting home, finding the other spare key, then getting back before someone else takes it. sane idea? :D

My R33 series II is supposed to do the same thing (according to the manual) however is doesn't.....

Not that I am complaining.....