Performance Question

Daboss

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recon drag him in R on the selector, thats a garanteed win atleast for the mechanics, "Race Mode" i recon daboss you should remove the hicas setup get lightened wheel nuts that will shave absolute seconds off your time and a garanteed win, also paint the car ferarri Red, everyone knows red makes your car go faster :(

There is the chance that you will lose, a prelude 2.2 vtec in a lightened civic with some careful mods would run some good numbers.

agreed.. stock gtst 1/4 between mid 14s mid 15s?

that civic with the prelude motor.. wouldnt be suprised if it can pull a low 14

I read on nissansilvia that you hold Square and X, so thats how I've been doing it :P

Seriously though, I use second gear and an empty car park when its nice and wet. Start off small circle, let go of the steering wheel for bigger circles and even use third gear if its really slippery

Shhh dont say that, how funny would it be if he lost his skyline, one less of "them" on this forum

Wow how gracious of you lol lol lol. Thought you were a skyline fan instead of helping you want me to lose. LOL Thats Great. Didn't really take a look at his engine but I heard him mention something bout h22 blah blah blah all I know for sure is its a hatchback civic has a prelude engine and the exhaust has been changed from just looking and hearing it. Lets say he has the civic you and motoman described with all the right mods. What all mods what I need to run with him. I have a few mods that I am having installed wanted to kno if that will be enuff. Got a boost controller and its tuned to 10.5 psi with no problems wondering if the turbo will hold up for 5 runs, changed the headers 1 5/8" tube diameter 6 -1 and then the exhaust from the dp back 3", installed a cold air intake 4"dia filter with 3" tubing plus heat shield and removing all seats except driver and getting it tuned today didnt get a chance to run it and record a time but it feels more responsive/powerful and with a tune should be running at peak with all the mods. Race is Sunday Folks!!!! So you don't have to wonder won't be any crashes either at least not from me and i will let you all know how it went.

- WTF Removed seats!!!!!!

- Your turbo will last 5 runs if you run sand through it to clean out the sludge first (just pour it in where you fill the oil) you should know you serviced your own car!. I think you can get HKS Super Port Sand (Do as search to confirm name though)

Make sure though you run some wax thourgh the engine after the sand so it will polish the engine internals and strengthen them an turn them into JUN ones

PS If you really want to win when your car gets over 100kph grap the shifter with both hands (steer with a knee) and pull really hard into the "R" gear, all of a sudden the car will run a 9 second quarter... its a Nissan secrect that id share with you so you can keep your car.

- WTF Removed seats!!!!!!

- Your turbo will last 5 runs if you run sand through it to clean out the sludge first (just pour it in where you fill the oil) you should know you serviced your own car!. I think you can get HKS Super Port Sand (Do as search to confirm name though)

Make sure though you run some wax thourgh the engine after the sand so it will polish the engine internals and strengthen them an turn them into JUN ones

PS If you really want to win when your car gets over 100kph grap the shifter with both hands (steer with a knee) and pull really hard into the "R" gear, all of a sudden the car will run a 9 second quarter... its a Nissan secrect that id share with you so you can keep your car.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Thanks a bunch Sheriffwan will do!!!! You are the best mansharing secrets with me and all shucks :D .

h22a engine.. would run pretty quick in a civic;; they normally do b16 transplants, 1.6's and there pretty quick, 2.2 litre out of a prelude in a 900 kilogram car :) with some chunky tyres it would see some decent tyres.. love to see it torque steering into the nearest wall though, if it stacks i wanna see a video of some sort, OK?!

Daboss you need to grow up a little i think. How old are you anyway? Are you the same guy that's first post was demanding information?? Im all for DIY servicing but i think its dangerous to send people with no clue to work on their cars. There can be disasterous side affects...

damn theres no more .... i was enjoying the read! ...ima go take my seats out and paint my car red... thanx 4 the tips fellas.... fkn honestly against a honda as well.. u should be shot!

Edited by johnblack33

Daboss you need to grow up a little i think. How old are you anyway? Are you the same guy that's first post was demanding information?? Im all for DIY servicing but i think its dangerous to send people with no clue to work on their cars. There can be disasterous side affects...

Hey Godzilla I think it was me, but I wasn't demanding you guys just took it the wrong way I even came back and apologized if i offended any1. Like you said was a first post and didn't know there were so many pansies in the forum cus looks like they are still carrying a grudge for that. To comment on what you said that I need to grow up thats rich I'm not the one with all the stupid comments and advice. I thought the forum was here to help noobs, semi, expert skyline owners learn and understand more about there car. All I am doing is testing the performance level of my ride and all who have a prob with it can kiss my a$$. A guy with a modified honda civic wanted to run against my line so I accepted and came to the forum to find out if it will be a good race or a blow out and who the advantage will go to but everyones a smart a$$ and a critic so they have their 2 cents to add. I heard that a civic with a prelude h22 engine and the right mods wont be so easy to beat and thats what he has under the hood with an exhaust and racing headers, I think thats all his mods and i just wanted to kno if the mods I made will be able to run with or put up a lower time than him. Thats all, but as you can see little advice just a bunch of clowns.

hmm

1. i dont think you have a skyline. i think you may have dreamt it up. or youre bullshitting. Most people that manage to find themsielves behind the wheel of an import at least manage to FLUKE making effing sense, bwud. I have a mate with a commodore who can at least SOUND like he knows a lil bit about inports. How can you go out and buy a skyline and know sweet F.A. about them, and ask such stupid questions? IF you DO actually own one, id love to hear what you paid for it, cos mate the dealer wouldve seen you coming a MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILE away! He wouldve thought you were a sucker, and as soon as you opened your mouth, i bet he saw dollar signs in your eyes.

2. Im thinking this H22A Civic was a poor attempt to take the attention away from your er... lack of... a lot.

3. All those mods to your erm... headers (extractors...?) and a cold air intake... maybe a front mount would be cool? And who plucked 10.5psi out of the air for you? how'd you calculate that to be a good boost pressure to run? Just curious. I was thinking id imagine a car, and mod it in my mind too, is all....