SAU Community

How Reliable Is R33 Gtst?

why would your turbo die on a trip where its not doing a thing for the majority of the drive?

lol

Thanks guys.... at least I am more comfortable now... not that I don't trust my car, it's just the fact that the car is 11 years old that bothers me a little bit...

I always think my car as a 'hard worker' in Japan and came to Australia to retire & being pampered by the new owner... not sure if this is an accurate anology, probably the first owner was a middle-aged business man who drove no faster than 40

Cheers,

DD

And i'll think you'll find that most skylines that come to australia come here to work just as hard, if not harder, than they worked back home....

thread of the year :D

Don't do it man. It's not safe.

I don't drive mine more than half an hour from home because I know it will break down if I go further.

Take the bus.

You're brave. I'm too scared to even start mine for fear of throwing a rod.

:cool:

lol

Hahahahaha

What a great thread

But seriously, if a car can take hours of flat out abuse on a track, why would it break doing 110ks an hour on a straight road?

seriously great thread

GT badges stand for Get Towed

apparently

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if GT stands for Get towed then

GTR = Get Towed Regularly

GTSt - Get Towed Sometimes

If its an gtst, then there's no risk of breaking down, if you are driving the legendary GTR, then you know you have to take the bus to canberra...............................(and here comes the pack of GTR owners with pitch forks)

If you own an R33 GTST then you will never ever break down...........................EVER!!!!

Basically- Any car that is serviced and maintained properly should have no problem at all trundling along on highways for kilometre after kilometre. The worst you can expect is possibly a blown fuse (always have spares!), or at worst a flat tyre (pretty rare). Check ur cars ready and go touring in that sucker :O

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if GT stands for Get towed then

GTR = Get Towed Regularly

GTSt - Get Towed Sometimes

If its an gtst, then there's no risk of breaking down, if you are driving the legendary GTR, then you know you have to take the bus to canberra...............................(and here comes the pack of GTR owners with pitch forks)

If you own an R33 GTST then you will never ever break down...........................EVER!!!!

hahahaha

bullshit... once u start playing with the engine shit breaks. but i think thats jst because i like to tinker and dont fully know what im doing lol :O

11 yrs old? thats nothing. i used to drive my 91 mazda 323 three speed auto from perth to kalgoorlie and had no problems (apart from it revving like mad all the way there).

lol good ol no speed limits :O

Basically- Any car that is serviced and maintained properly should have no problem at all trundling along on highways for kilometre after kilometre. The worst you can expect is possibly a blown fuse (always have spares!), or at worst a flat tyre (pretty rare). Check ur cars ready and go touring in that sucker :sick:

word! im sorry but im sick of ppl whinging because they reckon skylines are vunable to breakage because its considered a "sports car". its got moving parts just like any other car on the road and if u thrash it, it'll break. if u treat it well (like u would with any other car) then u will not get any problems other than the normal like flat tyres etc but that u can't predict.

my dads the same he believes he's commdore is a far better car. note it has had 2 g/b's replaced already and its 2 years old with less than 60,000kms :(

i dont want to sound rude but the skyline will be fine! just check for the basics like oils, tyre pressure, etc. and u should be right. like these guys said the constant revs will be good for it too!

(runs and hide if he comes back from holiday and needs an engine rebuild)

I bought mine in Melbourne, drove it back to Canberra 2 weeks ago, then did an down and back again to Melbourne last weekend.

The car is fine. If anything, they were better designed and purpose built for it (long distance driving/touring) over say a commodore/falcon. As others have said - keep your car reasonably maintained and you have the same chance if not better (imho) of getting to melbourne and back as any other new car owner.

oh and Fuel consumption will only ever be an issue when that little boost needle creeps into the positive numbers ;)

Edited by nsanity

in thoughts over lunch i remembered a more accurate statement.

If you drive you car like a top grade race winning car, maintain it like one.

This holds true for anything mechanical - the harder you push machinery, the greater the maintenance required will be to keep it running.