SAU Community

6x9s in 33gtst

Jimbo2000

i think you need to cut the shelf (reduces structural integrity), make spacers, or get rare low mount ones..

get a sub and 2 decent splits for the rear instead of 6x9's - will sound better.

Yeah thats right. Might even get pretty close to that HICAS coomputer if you start cutting

I had spilts up the front and 2 12"s in the boot...plenty of noise

• 2 weeks later...

Jimbo: easy done, you make up a new shelf... easy as pie.... pull out the old one trace it onto a new piece of 5mm MDF, carpet it, mount spacers on it, mount speakers in spacers and bang! you have yourself a groovey setup! :)

Sumo

i put 6*9's in my rear because i didnt have the cash at the time to buy different speakers. However I am very impressed/satisfied with the sound they produce.

"cutting the parcel shelf is illegal dont do it",....hahahah so are most of the performance mods.hahahahaha

if your are going to cut your shelf, be warned its a bit of a job have plenty of band aids on hand ready.

this might seem like a dumb question but is it easy to pull out the parcel tray? i've never even thought about it coz mainly i couldnt fit in the back to do it and i thought they made it like that so u just have to make do with it. let me know

thanks.

6x9's fit quite well in the rear if u put em at the angle like elbee said, the rear parcel shelf is easy to get out, the lack of space in the back seat however gets annoying, make sure u have like a fan cos it gets HOT and sweaty. zRemove the back seat (easy to do) the just unclip the rear shelf. too easy

• 1 month later...

It was a tad expensive, cost me $250, but considering it took the pros 6hrs to make with all the right tools/materials at their finger tips, I think it was worth it. I could never have made something that nice anyway, no matter how much time I spent on it. And the best thing is it looks so neat and factory like that know one would suspect what in their.

The only draw back was the strong resin smell I had to endure for a week, just had to leave the windows down in the garage to let it air out.

That price was bargained too btw as I am a repeat customer!

• 4 weeks later...

jimbo2000 don't listen to them dude 6x9's do fit in the back all you have to do is make a new parcel shelf with 14mm spacers on a6-8mm shelf and positon your holes over the existing ones which originally fit a slightly smaller speaker did them in a mates 33 no sweat . just make the shelf itself out of 6mm and then the risers out of 12-18mm mdf whatevers thickness gives you clearance over the battery and then smooth out the spacer edges with bog cover in grey carpet easy