SAU Community

Labour Cost Of Swapping Turbos On A R32 Gtr

Scratch

Does anyone know how much it would cost in labour to swap turbo's on a r32 GTR in perth?

I would really appreciate recommendations on which workshops in perth could do this job properly without ripping me off. Besides the cost of the turbos,labour and gaskets, what else would I be up for? I tried searching for a DIY turbo swap, but no joy... cant blame a bloke for trying! :)

Edited by Scratch

I would argue that any workshop will 'rip you off'

there are heaps of competant workshops in perth, do a search, its been covered heaps of times

and yeah, turbo swap on GTR takes some time, even if its a straight bolt on (I assume you have a kit?)

If not, you need to allow for things like gaskets (that may need replacing), studs snapping (hopefully not, rare, but it does happen), silicone pipes and clamps and to top up your coolant.

If you want a quality job, dont try and get work done down to a price, cos in the end, workshops gotta make a few bucks or they wont last long.

there are a couple of places that can do it at a reasonable price XSPEED, TOP RACING ,IMPORTS 101, HYPERDRIVE they are all quality workshops with vast knowledge of imports

If you go Topracing they have moved to a big new shop with 4WD Shootout dyno,New number 94702222.

If you go Topracing they have moved to a big new shop with 4WD Shootout dyno,New number 94702222.

i knew they were on the move as thats the only place i take my gtr for any work but didnt know when lol

Syslink --

N I B (steve ) works at top racing and its the only place i will ever take my gtr for work (after trying another well known reputable place that could not even complete a normal service in one day properly

http://www.topracing.com.au/ < web addy with new addy n phone number

yes, agree wholeheartedly about getting it done properly by a reputable source. I have recently discovered that the oil return lines back to my N1's are piped up all wrong. The result? Another 4-5 hrs worth of labour to fix!

I met the guys from Top racing the other day ( came into my shop for some quotes on PC gear ) they seem like really nice guys and the know exactly what they are talking about. I plan on taking my 34 to them next year when I pick her up for a FMIC kit + extras.

If your adventurous enough, grab a service manual and do it yourself. All it will be is air lines so no liquid will drip out (Don't quote me on that).

I dont reccomend that !

First you need access to a hoist ,

Second its exhaust side so if you break something it will have to go to workshop anyway.

Thirdly there is oil,water and Air systems to deal with and limited room because twin's take it all up.

I did it once my self and never again with out workshop acceses .....m2c

yeah i have the workshop manual, and figured it might be a bit much to attempt on my own. A lot of good feedback on top racing it seems... might call them up for a quote.

yes Ash and Steve will definatly look after you there :laugh: