SAU Community

Quick Question

Pal

Theoretically, the FPR will keep the pressure constant, in reality it does usually result in a slight increase in rail pressure and you car will be running a little rich

For the few $$$ it costs to get a car on a dyno, and check your AF ratios, it isnt a bad thing, alternately, put a fuel pressure guage on there, and see what its reading - should be 2.55kg at idle, 3.05kg at atmosphere. Most decent workshops will have a fuel pressure guage, will take maybe 15 mintues to check the pressure, if that.

Hey,

I replaced my fuel pump because my fuel pressure was dropping from 50psi to 40 on 10psi of boost and high revs.

I wouldn't have changed my fuel pump if I had enough pressure, so I can only think that you've changed your's for the same reason, or you were bored and/or wanted to change you fuel pump.

Because I changed my fuel pump to a Walbro, I now had 50 at full revs, on the current tune, and the afr's went rich, so I needed a retune.

So, If you change your fuel pump due to a dropping pressure at high revs, then chances are yes, you will need a retune.