SAU Community

Pit Help

33Spec2

well yet again ive been unlucky and been pulled over for no reason and copped yet another yellow sticker for no reason! anyways this is the second yellow sticker ive had on a pretty much stock standard car that isnt even a turbo! :)

the reason for the yellow sticker was mainly that i have minor crash damage on the side of my car from some fu*khead head who did a hit and run on my car and narrowly missed a head on collision anyways neva got his licence and i ended up with damage that i cant pay for at the moment so i have police reports to say it wasnt my fault

why the hell am i getting a yellow sticker for a dent!? since wen is this worthy of a yellow sticker wat the hell?! it doesnt affect my car or my driving? not only was the crash not my fault but now im getting a yellow sticker for it and my excess is a grand so either way its gonna cost me alot of money that i dont have can i argue it or will i get no where? or can i at least get an extension on the time to fix it? coz i cant come up with that money in 3 weeks

ok also noted on my yellow sticker slip was about a radar detector on the dash that was stuck down!? and my tint was 2 streaky?! WTF this tint was put on wen the car was complied there is absolutely nothing wrong with it there are sum minor patchiness in the window from wen i first imported the car which was apparently a paint on tint which they scraped off does this mean i hav to replace the whole rear window for the slightest streak thats barely noticeable when the car has passed the pits twice with it? and finally the exhaust is 2 loud aswell but this also has passed the pits twice before, if they decide that it fails this time how is that fair?

and finally they said sum bullsh*t story about my safety lights tunring on the same time as my highbeams or sum wank story like that which is complete utter crap as the lights also have been tested at the pits twice before so as u can see im looking at about 2-3grands work to pass my car over the pits when its more street legal than half the cars out on the road i dont wanna go to the pits and sound like sum stupid hoon with an attitude problem but this is totally uncalled for and discrimination just coz i drive a skyline and it wouldnt b fair if they decide that yes i have to fix these things when the car passed twice before

finally stupid question do i get to go through the pits twice for $50? or do i hav to pay each time? coz i wanna know wat is really that wrong with my car before i fork out all this money

and SOME cops need to find better things to do then give out yellow stickers for bullsh*t

sorry to hear man, these c*nts are stuffed in the head they stopped my elderly grandad 2 nights ago and gave him a yellow sticker on his 2000 model toyota corolla, he has a stone chip on his front windscreen, its only small and it has been patched up with a approved stone chip rapair kit, he is 68 years old and they gave him a yellow sticker, it seems to me that the cop cars that are marked as "highway patrol" just drive around looking for people to give a yellow to. its stupid bullcrap, fagots!

good luck with your car mate, i hope it all works out!

Seriously, find a box of tissues

If you reckon your car needs 2-3K of work, then it should have been defected

If you dont want to keep your car in a roadworthy condition, dont drive it

If you have a problem with a defect, and dont understand what the problem is, go to the pits and ask them

If you were defected for not good reason, the inspector at the pits will tell you so THEN have a bitch - at put it in writing to your local mp, cos seriously, whinging on a forum just makes you seem like a whinger.

a brand new car, straight off the showroom floor can be yellow stickered.

a yellow sticker means the police have reason to believe your car is not road worthy for some reason.

you then have to take it to the pits to prove that it is worthy of being on the road.

so if you think its legal, it should pass over quiet easily.

that said, there can be some police officers who aren't all that nice, but you should know the stereo-type and attention that goes with buying a skyline, or any import really.

all you can do is take it over the pits, if its really as 'worthy' as you say it is, you will pass over piece of piss.

hell, ive had a yellow sticker on my car just after i bought it (too low, unsecure fmic, etc) atleast now i know my car is 100% legal, and ive got permits to prove it.

sorry to hear man, these c*nts are stuffed in the head they stopped my elderly grandad 2 nights ago and gave him a yellow sticker on his 2000 model toyota corolla, he has a stone chip on his front windscreen, its only small and it has been patched up with a approved stone chip rapair kit, he is 68 years old and they gave him a yellow sticker, it seems to me that the cop cars that are marked as "highway patrol" just drive around looking for people to give a yellow to. its stupid bullcrap, fagots!

if they noticed the stone chip, it cant have been repaired that well.

unfortunately regardless of age/race/gender, whatever, a defectable car should, and most likely will defected.

heres something for you guys to think about though.

would you prefer they went around giving yellows out, and perhaps coping one yourself.

OR

they didn't give out yellows at all, and see what trash really does polute our streets.

(last time i took my car to the pits, there was a late model camry that got a yellow sticker, and failed too, as its brakes didnt work.. i shit you not.)

i defineatly agree that they should be giving out yellows all im saying is that there are alot worse cars out there than mine why continually hassle me, fine if there was sumthin wrong with my car ill suck it up and accept it but when i asked him why i need this crap fixed he wouldnt even give me an answer

and yes it will take alot of money to fix up the dent on the side but i think you missed the point firstly the dent wasnt my fault and if i had the money to fix it dont you think i would why am i copping a yellow sticker for something that doesnt affect my driving or the way my car handles

yeh i know im being a whinger blah blah but if ppl dont whinge and complain things dont get done so all im asking is for advice if anyone has argued something and got off or am i gonna waste my time

if the dent isnt your fault, wont your insurance cover it?

and you cant 'get off' yellow stickers, you take it over the pits and they decided wether its worthy or not.

but as you say, it should pass over fine as there is nothing wrong with it?

yer its a bitch but hey! just deal with it aye cops will be bastards if they got not drug dealers to catch *cough* bullshit!, i got 2 yellow stickers in 2 weeks last year but hey its the consquences you get driving a modified/sports car so they say

yeah im drivin with a yellow at the moment.. sucks balls gota get my screamer plumber in, bov. gota get stock indicators, even though my l.e.ds you can see through heavy fog a mile away,.. and i got angry one night and ripped out my airiel because it was anoyin me, and the pit dude even picked that ahahahaha there pricks and they hate us import drivers, sorry but thats the way the cookie crumbles.. ya can thank all the midnight ricers for it

yeh unfortunately my insurance will cover it but my excess is a grand and ill loose my no claim :) the dent is prob about a grand to fix anyway

yeh ive had the car for 3 years now im used to the cop attention i get pulled over pretty much every week but this is the first time in ages ive been given a yellow

so i cant take it there and ask wat i have to fix unless i pay? i just wanna know if i seriously hav to fix every little thing before i take it through properly

also this prob sounds stupid but mates reckon i should get a girl to take it through and play dumb as they are more likely to let her off yeh yeh i know that sounds bad but has anyone done that?

yes you do need to pay for the pits to inspect your car.

yes you do need to fix everything. (why would they give you a yellow if they wanted you to fix half the stuff and keep it dangerous?)

and getting a girl to take it through and play dumb is a stupid idea, especially when they check its registered to a guy, they will probably be hasher if

anything.

what exactly is on your work order that needs to be fixed?

your first post made it seem like everything on the list was fine, now you're asking if you need to fix all the problems...

Ouch! All I can say is Im glad Im not in WA :S

And yeah 33Spec2... good luck

Edited by ZENNON

Bad luck Russ

Best advice: Fix up anything obvious. Say you lost the slip the copper wrote you. Then tell the pit inspector they did you for a leaky exhaust gasket or something and that you got it fixed!

See what happens - worst that can happen is they pick some other minor thing and note it down on the work order, give you an extension and tell you to fix it. >_<

Don't listen to the noobs/self righteous posters above :O

I Fought The Law

Lyrics: Sonny Curtis

Music: Sonny Curtis

This emerged as a--not universally popular--encore in 1993.

Breakin' rocks in the hot sun

I fought the law and the law won

I fougth the law and the law won

I needed money 'cause I had none

I miss my baby and I feel so bad (note 1)

I guess my race is run

She was the best girl that I ever had

Robbin' people with a six-gun

I miss my baby and the good fun (note 2)

I miss my baby and I feel so bad

I guess my race is run

She was the best girl that I ever had

Notes

(1) the Bobby Fuller version is "I left my baby ..."

Honestly... I tried to fight a yellow sticker once.. ended up worse off than when i started.

Just bight down hard and deal with it buddy.. it sucks the big one but thats life. They are only doing what they are paid to do.

Best advice: Fix up anything obvious. Say you lost the slip the copper wrote you. Then tell the pit inspector they did you for a leaky exhaust gasket or something and that you got it fixed!

That is the best plan i've seen in this tread...

If its road worthy in the eyes of the inspector who cares what the cop thinks, cops ar'nt the final arbitrator of what is road worthy, but if it was'nt road worthy...well, that ones on you. I've had cops look under the hood of my R and from the conversations I could tell they didnt know what they were looking at. If it is neat, secure and looks pro you will have a better chance.

Permits...Meh, I dont bother. A mate and I had a convertable with shaved exterior door handles, that had permits up the ying yang and we still go done because there was no reasonable access for emergency crews in case of of an accident. It had no roof for gods sake!!!

As for getting a girl to take it over...dont bother, i've had an older mechanic that was known to the inspectors take a big block over once and i still needed a second go.

In the end its a game you play with the cop...sometimes you win and sometimes you dont. Dont give him more of an excuse to defect you - be business like - park properly, turn of the doof, get out of your Line and greet the plod, show respect, pull your pants up, get your hat pointed in the right direction and ask "How can i help you officer" it works for me, Good luck

the stuff i have to fix is everything listed in the first post but the main worry is the crash on the side i was hoping i could just ask them about fixing it before i go pay for it to get fixed but looks like ill still have to pay the initial pit fee

yeh i know just thought id ask, as a friend got his girlfriend to say she borrowed the car while he was away and got a yellow and she doesnt know anything haha but yeh i guess they wud hav the driver at the time noted

yep so true i played the game and i lost haha i bit my tongue and didnt argue or anything but i guess he was down on his quota for the month or something

thanks strich9 finally someone answers the questions :D

I got a yellow for tint as well, I still reckon its a load of crap. The ppl who say not to whinge can get f&*ked! Its not like everyone has time to take their car to the pits and keep shelling out money to have it inspected. When I spoke to the pit inspectors even they said some cops hand out yellows for stupid reasons.

I got a yellow for tint as well, I still reckon its a load of crap. The ppl who say not to whinge can get f&*ked! Its not like everyone has time to take their car to the pits and keep shelling out money to have it inspected. When I spoke to the pit inspectors even they said some cops hand out yellows for stupid reasons.

Don't whinge.

Ive Whinged at cops in the past and have ended up in some big trouble..

:laugh: