SAU Community

V35 Gt8

Raptor

Im still in research mode. Im seriously considering saving up some more dollars to go for the madza mps. Its such a nice car inside and out. I still haven't yet had a test drive of the 350 gt8 yet and i know if i head off to edward lee all im going to do there is talk. I was aware of onbe of the guys at justjap selling his blue 350gt-8 but was asking high 30's. I did have a go of the 06 maxima with the cvt but i enjoyed it more when i switched to triptronic.

Tooly post up some pics of your ride inside and out if possible. And have you used the tv yet does it read dvd's ok? What about copied movies?? I have a question the guy i spoke to in sutherland said that black is alot more expensive do you guys think i can get a pearl white or silver and give it a re spray and it will look just as good?

did you get a 350gt-8 tooly?

C'mon shanye mate hurry up and join the club buddy!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, had it less than a week.

I'm loving it. in terms of refinement it's mile ahead. Perhaps having less character than the earlier series of skyline. But it's very easy to live with.

Yes, Mazda 3MPS sounds good, but it is FF and a different class of car.

Picked up sound on the TV, but just fuzz on the screen. I tried a DVD but no luck so far. I've yet to sit down and really try on the video side. May just get another head unit installed.

Kleenbleats: What mileage does yours display? Mine says 19klm/L on the display, which is about 5L/100 klm but i'm skeptical.

I mean the madza6 MPS its 4wd had a test drive over the weekend and loved it. Car yard wanted $40k for it. But is it worth an extra 10grand im not so sure. Tooly or kleen see if you can post some night pics of the rear with the lights. And maybe some dash shots . Hope to be joining the v35 club soon ;)

Yep, had it less than a week.

I'm loving it. in terms of refinement it's mile ahead. Perhaps having less character than the earlier series of skyline. But it's very easy to live with.

Yes, Mazda 3MPS sounds good, but it is FF and a different class of car.

Picked up sound on the TV, but just fuzz on the screen. I tried a DVD but no luck so far. I've yet to sit down and really try on the video side. May just get another head unit installed.

Kleenbleats: What mileage does yours display? Mine says 19klm/L on the display, which is about 5L/100 klm but i'm skeptical.

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I am glad I found this thread before buying...

I was about to buy a 2002 V35 GT8 in silver but they are ugly as hell!

I so prefer the clean smooth boot on the 2003 with the large SKYLINE written across the back. Instead of that stupid week looking square thing on the 2002 models - ugh!

ug.jpg

yours

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=60737

I also prefer the clear side indicator lights on the front fenders!!

I did not think they made the 8 speed after 2002, so the 2003 model with 8 CVT must be pretty damn rare and to score it at 25G is amazing!! especially in that condition!!

I have only seen 1 cheaper and that is a stock (apart from a momo wood grain wheel) 2002 Silver with sun roof for $22,500 + Tyres.

Was going to put the WALD side skirts and boot lip on it and paint the cheep two tone dark grey front and back to be body colour instead of bothering with the rest of the kit - the WALD kit is pretty damn boring - would rather the Giallo one that you guys hate! >_<

That being said - Kleenbeats you interested in selling your Black 2003 V35 yet? :)

I will pay cost price + a grand - not bad for 6 months down the track! :laugh:

Edited by ShadowKnyght

j-spec and prestige both offered the car back in June I think - Prestige's pictures from the Auction looked crap so I ignored it - plus back then I was not really looking at one of these seriously...

j-spec listed it for $22,400 + tyres - Prestige $23,300 + tyres.

Strange because there is a red 2002 model going at the moment but in that case Prestige is offering it for a $1000 less this time... to bad I don't like red and am now more partial to the 2003 model.

And that the red one is going for about $4000 to 5000 more

usually when it comes to cars in this price range it all depends on the exchange rate used in the estimate and rate given by the compliancer. the purchase price of the cars is always the same.

I like the V35 sedans in black or dark blue... dunno why... guess it gives it a more luxury look. The coupes on the other hand come in this hot blue and they look good in red, white and silver too.... lots of choice really.

I've only taken 1 decent (read, not mobile phone) pic so far. But there will be more coming.

Out with the old and in with the new so to speak.

post-517-1168515029.jpg

I read somewhere that the 2003 model comes with better suspension factory. Apparently it is harder and sportier than the 2002 (rather than a bit too soft and plush, which is my current finding with the car). But if you can't get the 8 speed CVT after 2003 that would suck more than having soft suspension which can be easily changed. This car is going to be real nice slightly lowered on sportier suspension.

The lttle square feature panel with "skyline" on the back doesn't bother me, but the boot lid feels kinda bare and is going to get the low profile strip spoiler (wald) and some decent wheels

How much is it to get the entire wald kit, do any shops make them over here? If i got one of these i'd definatly get the wald kit and lower it on the wheels like the one shown on the first page of this thread (the wheels on that car are damn hot too)

• 2 years later...
been thinking about buying one lately. but the one thing putting me off for the moment (apart from how they look) is the fear that no-one is going to know WTF to do when I bust the 8 speed CVT box, and when I find someone that does know it's going to cost mega $$$$ to fix.

hi guys just joined enjoying the site thanks,just bought my 1st skyline -350gt-8 2003 ,i'm hearing a lot of problems with the tranny on these cars and the $$$ to repair them is there any positive feed back with them ???please, got me stressing.

my car has 79k on the clock so taking no risks going to go get that liqiud gold very soon.(if i can find it that is )

can any one give some advice on where to service the car in sydney and any tips to maintain the transmisson in good working order ? thanks guys

hi guys just joined enjoying the site thanks,just bought my 1st skyline -350gt-8 2003 ,i'm hearing a lot of problems with the tranny on these cars and the $$$ to repair them is there any positive feed back with them ???please, got me stressing.

my car has 79k on the clock so taking no risks going to go get that liqiud gold very soon.(if i can find it that is )

can any one give some advice on where to service the car in sydney and any tips to maintain the transmisson in good working order ? thanks guys

Speak to Steve or Darron at Just Jap on 9545 0532 - They are experts with the GT-8

Only use Genuine Nissan Transmission fluid specified for the CVT transmission.

• 2 months later...
So have you guys with V35 sedans still got them? Anyone had any dramas or headaches? Or are they still as good as the initial revies on here?

Andrew, I sold mine recently but had absolutely no problems with it in close to 2 years of ownership.

By far one of the nicest cars I have driven.