SAU Community

Rb20det Problems

Hi my RB20DET is running very rich, black smoke, missing firing slow revving when driving goes okish, but tryn to put foot init wont rev over 2500 much heapz of backfiring. on boost it pops n u hear bov goin off with out letn off small back fires?

How can I find out if AFM, O2 sensor ECT is stuffd?

What else could course this problem?

Near the end of my drive it startd going betta stil backfiring but bit more power but still smoking?

Thanks allot Damo!!

Ok so its overfueling like a mofo.

Easy way to diagnose whats behind it is to just run the ECU in diag mode and it will flash back the warning code relevant to the problem part.

Failing this if you have a spare AFM there or if a mate has one you can put on just for testing and see how that goes.

I would be inclined to think its an afm issue at this stage. If it is run a knife around the top and open it up, then check for dry solder joints on the terminals as this can be a common issue and one you can repair yourself by re-soldering them.

Thanks alot guys.

Ive been thinking AFM.

Im looking for another one but dont wanna buy a 2nd hand 1 agian coz dont no if thats stuffed or not?

Can you test the AFM , CAS to see if they are stuffed?

When i start car i have the red led flashing non stop, I no theres problems but just cant find em and whatd it running bit betta b4 i get it tuned props? Any ideas, not realy to sure on how to self dignos it? How do u do it coz write on comps in jap?

Also the idel goes up n down slightly and nearly stalls hwne you stab off throttle on idel, when you disconnect the ACC vavle the idel doesnt change like the RB30 does? Could this be stuffing engine up aswel

Thanks Damo!!!

Edited by 86vl5spd

You can test them with a multimeter and conventional house electric fan.. Theres a couple of threads in here somehwere..

Alternatively find someone who is willing to lend you their AFM for an hour or so..