SAU Community

Pfc Or Link Ecu?

ROB32T

Yesterday I did some shopping for my R32 GTST and i was recomended a link plug in ecu because apparently its very hard to find a power fc d-jetro for R32's. and cheaper too. $1500 for the link and $1800 for the PFC.

The link does have the map sensor instead of the AFM same as the PFC.

Please help as I have no idea which to choose. I always thought PFC was the way to go but now I'm just confused. I could have sworn that I have seen D-jetros going for 1400 but can't remember where.

I was also told if I am installing bigger injectors, I need to install these little things(sorry.... can't remember the name of them) in the injector loom because the standard inj's are low imperdance. Is this true?

Thanx

APEXi - Power FC & Hand Controller - D-Jetro

BNR32/33 89/8 - 98/12 D-Jetro

414-N026

AU $ 885.10

APEXi - Power FC - D-Jetro Option parts

D-Jetro PFC Nipple X 2

499-A019

AU $ 6.89

D - Jetro Harness X 1 GT-R

415-XA04

AU $ 36.77

D - Jetero Map Sensor X 2 RB26DETT

499-X001 X 2

AU $ 290.19

Order Total

AU $ 1,218.95

Yesterday I did some shopping for my R32 GTST and i was recomended a link plug in ecu because apparently its very hard to find a power fc d-jetro for R32's. and cheaper too. $1500 for the link and $1800 for the PFC.

The link does have the map sensor instead of the AFM same as the PFC.

Please help as I have no idea which to choose. I always thought PFC was the way to go but now I'm just confused. I could have sworn that I have seen D-jetros going for 1400 but can't remember where.

I was also told if I am installing bigger injectors, I need to install these little things(sorry.... can't remember the name of them) in the injector loom because the standard inj's are low imperdance. Is this true?

Thanx

Depending on your power target , you might want to consider a third option. Get your standard ECU chipped and tuned. Then I would consider a "normal" Power FC.

:P cheers :P

APEXi - Power FC & Hand Controller - D-Jetro

BNR32/33 89/8 - 98/12 D-Jetro

414-N026

AU $ 885.10

D-Jetro PFC Nipple X 2

499-A019

AU $ 6.89

D - Jetro Harness X 1 GT-R

415-XA04

AU $ 36.77

D - Jetero Map Sensor X 2 RB26DETT

499-X001 X 2

AU $ 290.19

Order Total

AU $ 1,218.95

But he has an R32 GTST??

Ask Paul from Performance- wise.

He has a group buy going on all the time.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=132176

He will be able to get you a better price. :P

Go to the buy it know area and read on..it has some things in there that will interest you.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=124512

Another quality post buddy.

damn right a quality post - who with half a brain quotes $1800 for a powerfc ?

My comment still stands - Bullshit.

But wanting a D Jetro does cause a few issues - I'd be going by SK's post, or just getting a standard powerfc with a Q45 AFM if you need the extra flow. I have a q45 and it works a treat with my powerfc. Unless you want a huge ass vent to atmosphere BOV, then the AFM won't do you any favours... But why would you want that?

GTS Link has, launch control, boost control, closed loop, active knock sensing, laptop or hand control tunable and is map sensor based.

Not a bad unit at all.

Agree 100%, i have had a link in my 33 gtst for around 2 years and it's never skipped a beat.. it has tunability for all my mods (and future ones) and more, launch control is a great bonus, and laptop tuning and data logging was a big plus for me when deciding..

Don't know all the ins and outs for the PFC so i won't comment, they've been tried and tested and have seen awesome results on heaps of cars, i've also seen the same from link ECU's and thats what i have so my bias leans towards Link.

As with the prices, both the PFC and Link can be had for cheaper than your original prices, it's just a matter of looking around..

Cheers, ultimately it comes down what ever fits your needs best... good luck

I agree with SK, ECU retune is the go with a R32. But looks like the Link ECU has some good extra functions if you need em, can you tune it with a AFM?

A car with a AFM will give you a more precise tune than one with a map sensor, better throttle response etc.

cheers

Mafia I said the same thing, nearly fell over when he told me 1800 (advan).

I'm still yet to try performance wise. Thanx 700hp.

sorry paulr33 I forgot to mention that part. A P engineering.

The reason why I want the map sensor PFC is from the stupid vacum spring thing that was mentioned a couple of issues ago in HPI. Its pretty bad. I'm not fussed at all with the bov, it was cool when i first got it but I got over it pretty fast so the plum back is back on it. It doesn't stall but it gets close still. Nothing wrong with my AFM either, tested with another one and got a new one for peice of mind and its still the same. New plugs, silicon hoses, coils, etc. no air leaks.

Sydneykid, I was considering doing the chip and tune to my ECU but I really want the most I can get. And its not just that. A few friends of mine had there STD ECU's chipped and tuned and then later purchaced a PFC. It wasn't the power increase that made them happy, it was the way the car drove and responded after the PFC. I don't know if this was true because I never drove the car before and after myself so I really don't know if they are just full of it or not but hey, if I can get more power than I'll take it.

As RB30 said, the link doesn't sound too bad at all but I can't seem to find many people with one and I really don't want to just take the salesmans word for it.

Snoman you are the first person to give me hands on info about these link ecu's. Where did you get yours from cause advan performance seems to be the only place that has these, but then again, I've only been looking for a day or 2. Did you get the plug in, wire in, link, or link plus? I think the one I was shown was the Link plug in so I don't think I get launch and boost control. If you've got the wire in what did you get charged to install it? Does the link affect the speed sensative steering as I've heard the PFC does?

Anyone heard about the little things that should be installed when upgrading 32 GTST inj's? He said something about the std inj's are low imperdance so they are a must apparently.

I didn't know that Munna1. Thanx

man I'm confused now

sorry about the late reply. I'm on night shift this week.

thanx.

Edited by ROB32T

damn right a quality post - who with half a brain quotes $1800 for a powerfc ?

My comment still stands - Bullshit.

But wanting a D Jetro does cause a few issues - I'd be going by SK's post, or just getting a standard powerfc with a Q45 AFM if you need the extra flow. I have a q45 and it works a treat with my powerfc. Unless you want a huge ass vent to atmosphere BOV, then the AFM won't do you any favours... But why would you want that?

I need to get a AFM witch u think is better Z32 or Q45??