SAU Community

Turbo Exhaust Systems

moobaque

Hi all,

I'm currently considering upgrading the exhaust system (from the turbo back) of my relatively stock R33 GTS-t. But at the end of the day i am a newbie and would like to get some opinions on what would be some good options.

The car is going to be a street car for most of its life (with prolly some circuit stuff further down the track). So i guess the level of noise it makes has to be legalish.

I have been looking at the xforce 3" stainless system as its a complete kit, or would i be better off with a cat-back system from one of the well known jap brands? getting the dump pipe and high flow cat seperatly?

I do think i would prefer stainless over the mild steal at this stage.

Cost comes into it too and i dont really want to be spending more than $1500 if posible, but if thats unrealistic then im happy to save up!

The more opinions the better :P would like to start gettings some quotes in the next week or so.

Cheers

Cam

Dont go xforce......even their complete "kits" dont really fit all that well.

Well from past experiences on my car and on my mates cars thats what I have noticed.

Stick with Jap brands and you cant go wrong....hahah but then again im a bit of JDM whore..

For good performance and good noise yet still legal id say you cant go past the Fujitsubo items.

If you want something a little louders than the HKS, Trust, Apexi and Blitz items would be awesome.

Buddy Club also make nice exhuasts, but they are pretty loud but NOT overly drony from my experiences..

I have the Buddy Club Spec 2 on my one, which is the loudest in the range....and even then its really drony to the point where it is unbearable...

here is a pic

buddyclub002va0.jpg

Edited by shonen

you dont have to go the jap brands

i choose to get a batmbl split dump pipe

cos i knew that would fit and mate up to the stock turbo housing

then got a local exhust shop to supply and fit a 3" cat back system

this was cheap and they didnt have to muck around with dump pipes and crap. all they had to do was match up a 3" hiflow cat back system

Dont go xforce......even their complete "kits" dont really fit all that well.

Well from past experiences on my car and on my mates cars thats what I have noticed.

Stick with Jap brands and you cant go wrong....hahah but then again im a bit of JDM whore..

For good performance and good noise yet still legal id say you cant go past the Fujitsubo items.

If you want something a little louders than the HKS, Trust, Apexi and Blitz items would be awesome.

Buddy Club also make nice exhuasts, but they are pretty loud but NOT overly drony from my experiences..

I have the Buddy Club Spec 2 on my one, which is the loudest in the range....and even then its really drony to the point where it is unbearable...

here is a pic

buddyclub002va0.jpg

damn that is a straight exhaust hahah

Thank for your responses guys.

I guess my next question is some recomended exhaust workshops, obviously justjap seems to be a cheap place to get, say the x force system but then would still need to get somewhere to fit it.

Im also a little clueless to copanies in melb that sell / fit the japanese brands. The couple copanies i do know of are RE Customs and TGS performance, but TGS wanted $1800 to buy and fit the xforce system :) ... So they appear to be an expensive option...

Edited by mooabque

i reckon get a Trust/greddy Power xtreme 2 cat back, and a batmbl split front and dump and 1 of his cat's that should be around your budget...

although if you do want to go all out get the Blitz NUR spec r cat back its the best but loud!

oh and dont be weak install it yourself! :)

post-16065-1160977509.jpg

post-16065-1160977576.jpg

Edited by gt-t_r34

My current exhaust - Batmbl s/steel split dump/front + large Catco cat (from batmbl) + trust PE2 catback.

Very quiet and car is more responsive. I got mine fitted at RE Customs in springvale (ordered the catback through them too). Total it came to about 1500 odd for the system.

Talk to Ray - good bloke and very helpful when it comes to car related matters. He will give you a full price for fitting etc.

If you need more info on my exhaust feel free to pm me :rolleyes:

Edited by emsta2003